Mr Bloggy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
So interesting that I am un-watching this thread.....

swansonj

Guru
Stuck at home, the local anaesthetic hasn't worn off my shoulder, and its raining. That's right, I've made another blog entry!
Do comments left on your blog get posted automatically or do you screen them?

I wanted to suggest gently and friendlily that your understanding of double and triple butting wasn’t precisely the same as mine, but to do so without my pedantry being plastered all over the web for the whole world to see.

Oh, hang on a tick....

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have no idea, but try it and see Mr Swanson. I was trying to dumb it down to make it understandable, but may have lost the plot entirely in translation.

All polite comments (as I'm sure yours would of course be) are very welcome.
butting3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I actually got very close to mentioning Tange as a brand to look out for when waxing lyrical about 4130. Perhaps a future blog entry there?

swansonj

Guru
I have no idea, but try it and see Mr Swanson. I was trying to dumb it down to make it understandable, but may have lost the plot entirely in translation.

All polite comments (as I'm sure yours would of course be) are very welcome. View attachment 440598
Plain, single and double on that diagram are as I understand them, but I thought triple was like double but with different thicknesses at the ends, so three thicknesses in total used once each. The arrangement in that diagram is probably more logical though.

My real issue though was that your wording seemed to imply two (double) or three (triple) changes going each way from the middle - one more than I think we both think there actually is. But that would be so pedantic a thing to feel necessary to point out that the person doing so would rightly open themselves to ridicule and contempt.

Top Bottom