Mr Bloggy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The captions under the graphics showing the different gauges.

You have used 'butted' three times, twice capped, once not.

Generally with capitals, as with most punctuation, less is more.

Thus I would say butted should be lower case.

But (ho-ho) whichever you choose, you should use it consistently.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Fair pointarooney re butted, well spotted Sir! Thats what happens when a dyslexic proof reads his own work.

I haven't put any captions under any graphics though. I'm from the Salvador Dali school of graphics, where captions are left to the observers own mind.

Edit - I've just checked, twice, and I can't see any inappropriate uses of a capital B in butted. I'll sit down with a coffee in a minute and try again with my glasses.

Last edited:

swansonj

Guru
Fair pointarooney re butted, well spotted Sir! Thats what happens when a dyslexic proof reads his own work.

I haven't put any captions under any graphics though. I'm from the Salvador Dali school of graphics, where captions are left to the observers own mind.

Edit - I've just checked, twice, and I can't see any inappropriate uses of a capital B in butted. I'll sit down with a coffee in a minute and try again with my glasses.
Is @Pale Rider perchance referring to the graphic you posted in #37 in this thread and not to your blog at all?

Does a "dyslexic proof" bat for the other side?

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
4130 = aviation grade? my left testicle. Could fillet weld 2ft thick 4130 without the requirement for post weld heat treatment.
8630.....proper high strength Drago grade.

Enjoying the blog tho old chum :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye laddie, it's use in the structure of many light aircraft today, in much the same way 531 back in the day. That's for the vote of confidence - trying to decide what to write about next. Lights, perhaps?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Aye laddie, it's use in the structure of many light aircraft today, in much the same way 531 back in the day. That's for the vote of confidence - trying to decide what to write about next. Lights, perhaps?

Falling off, comedy crashes, non serious.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Now I'd be all ears if you were to write a blog on avation grade stuff like 'propper-sexy-alloy 718' or single crystal titanium fan blades

Top Bottom