Mrs FF's helmet problem .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mrs FF is getting back into cycling and would prefer in general to wear a helmet. That's her choice.

She's had various lids over the years and is currently wearing my old Bell which kinda fits, but kinda doesn't. The problem seems to be that all the helmets she wears look like a giant Mushroom stuck on top of hear head rather than her head being fully 'in it' if that makes sense. We happened to be in Decathlon and tried a few and all had the same problem.

Are there helmets that sit down further over the wearers head or have some adjustability in that respect?

Cheers
FF

Joffey

Big Dosser
Kask Mojito isn't too mushroomy

Mrs M

Guru
I currently have a Scott helmet which isn't too bad (as far as helmets go).
Had Giro before and found them too mushroomy.
Some of the ladies Specialized look not bad, such as the Propero.

I had the same problem but found that the Specialized Propero II seems to sit further down on the head than most.

Now just need to find bib shorts that don't make me look like a 53 year old, male Jay Lo.

:ohmy:

Graham

vickster

Legendary Member
Specialized helmets do that for me

The only one I found that sits lower and this more comfortable on my rounder head and lots of hair is the Uvex Boss Race

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Boels Dolman in Evade or S Works... ladies specific and if you want to avoid mushroom, these are brill... ok they cost.. but I got my Cavendish Evade for 95 after I saw it on Sigma in wrong size, Tredz price matched me for correct size... one supreme helmet for less than a ton.

sight-pin

Veteran
I bought a 'Specialized Echelon II' helmet in a sale from my local bike shop some time back, I find that fits quite snug and nicely over the ears. Maybe worth a try if you see one about on your travels.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Specialized helmets do that for me

The only one I found that sits lower and this more comfortable on my rounder head and lots of hair is the Uvex Boss Race
That looks a good call :-)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Chill. To people who don't cycle, we all look like un-cool morons and losers. Those that do don't really care. I catch a look of myself in the mirror when I lift the bike out of the hall and I see a horrendous sight with a buff on my head and a helmet perched on top, a road smeared jacket and dirty gloves. It's still fun when I get on the road a few second later.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Some skate helmets seem to move around quite a bit on the head, but I have seen a couple with the same sort of adjustment at the back as normal helmets, but tried them yet myself.

The problem is often the shape of the head

If the helmet shape is too short or too narrow, then it will not sit properly

I am afraid it is going to be down to trial and error until you find one that fits

Top Bottom