Mrs Postman attacked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's odd how they tell us that we should only feed birds with 'proper bird food' like seeds and meal worms,yet from what i've seem birds much prefer ice cream,meat pies,fish and chips,pizzas, sandwiches,kebabs etc etc. I put a bowl of bird seed and a fat filled coconut shell outside here the other month, They were hardly touched,yet if i flick a pie crust,toast or other such stuff out my window they'll come swooping down and take the lot in a matter of a minute or so.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Little blighters almost got my pasty in St Ives a couple of years back.

alicat

Legendary Member
It's odd how they tell us that we should only feed birds with 'proper bird food' like seeds and meal worms,yet from what i've seem birds much prefer ice cream,meat pies,fish and chips,pizzas, sandwiches,kebabs etc etc. I put a bowl of bird seed and a fat filled coconut shell outside here the other month, They were hardly touched,yet if i flick a pie crust,toast or other such stuff out my window they'll come swooping down and take the lot in a matter of a minute or so.

Perhaps I have quite a lot of pigeon DNA. I know what I prefer if the choice is ice cream, meat pies, fish and chips, pizzas, sandwiches, kebabs etc etc or fat-free, sugar-free, taste-free vegetables.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A good few years ago now, I was sitting at Portree Harbour on the Isle of Skye on a lovely summer's evening, recovering from my own fight to keep possession of my fish and chips, I watched a German guy return to his car with a hot dog sitting on a napkin. He placed it on the car roof while he unlocked the door but as he was doing so, a bird swooped in with incredible speed and went off with the sausage. I could see it was going to happen and shouted to him but it all happened so quickly. That is how I learned to swear in German....

Well, his day certainly took a tern for the wurst !

Wixsteman

Veteran
It’s all a bit cuckoo

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
To be fair, I recall a couple of kids in the fifth year at my secondary school who would basically spend the whole of each breaktime snogging and cuddling :smooch::smooch::smooch: in the playground. They were sooooooooo in luurrvve. xx(

Everyone was heartily sick of it, and the delight when one of the seagulls offloaded a bottom blast right on top of them was something I can recall even 30 years later.

Top Bottom