Mrs V finally understands me after 15 years.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
Wolseley Pith Helmet 120713 01.JPG

During the summer months it is essential to wear the appropriate attire starting with the hat, it is best if you get one your size .

OP
OP
simon the viking
View attachment 89763
During the summer months it is essential to wear the appropriate attire starting with the hat, it is best if you get one your size .
I seem to remember being involved in thread involving pith helmets before....... Someone will be along to post a picture of Don Estelle in a minute.....

Profpointy

Legendary Member
View attachment 89763

I've got one ! Not yet dared to wear it in public yet - maybe best for summer hillwalking rather than going to the pub in Bristol. Might have to out on my own though. Bought it from villagehats.co.uk very reasonable price and it's a high quality item. They actually had 3 different patterns of pith helmet in two colours - so there must be a fair demand. Have bought other hats off them and the items are better quality than your market stall stuff - good hats typically £30 - with something like a Christies bowler or topper obviously a good bit more. I rather fancied a pork pie hat as in Breaking Bad / Buster Keyton - but so far only worn my Fedora as a fancy dress - gangster style with my stripey (business) suit with dark shirt / white tie. Couldn't quite justify co-respondent shoes as well

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Pete, you idiot :laugh:- I clicked on your link and now pop-up adverts that appear every time we go onto Google searches and on social media are going to have to be explained to Mrs A_T when she's using the lap-top... men's erotic clothing sites indeed!!!!

Last edited:
Or has stopped bothering to try.....

In the week she said "Can you think of anything Little-un can get you for Fathers day"

After a few days thinking I said (nothing cycle related needed)......."A Fedora...."

"What... Is that a hat, you mean a trilby...?"

"Yes but its not a trilby.....I don't want a trilby....."

"Okay I'll have a look round then...." And that was it no "What the flip", or "I'm not going anywhere with you in it...." just "I'll have a look....."

I have a Tilley hat but wanted a Fedora as well so sort of an N+1 hat......

If only she could have the same attitude to an N+1 bike....

Tilley are an issue... I suffer from T+1

As with bikes they have specific uses, the ventilated summer hat, the tweed winter hat heavy duty for canal boats etc and the lightweight for daily use

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A Tilley looks silly.
Wear a fedora, and people adore ya.
Don't wear a bowler, until you get older.
A pork pie is a pie. Made of meat. And pastry and jelly stuff.

Top Bottom