MS OneNote problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
I'll admit to being a novice with this bit of kit, so I'm sure I have caused the issue myself....

Whenever I fire up OneNote, it lists first an old version of a Notebook with a location of
\\?\Volume{a37fd6b3-180d-11e1-b11e-1c6f65b60f91}\Notebooks\HouseNotebook

It doesn't stop me using the current Notebook, but I can't get rid of this old one from the list. IIRC you can't delete notebooks from within OneNote, you have to delete the folder using Windows Explorer - which seems to me impossible because it is an 'error location'.

Any suggestions?

[Cross-posted from the Technology Forum, since I'm not sure whether that gets much traffic yet.]

robgul

Legendary Member
Not an answer ... I gave up on trying to use OneNote ..... have a look at Evernote for a waaay better product.

Rob

OP
OP
A

ASC1951

Guru
Yes, I've looked at Evernote. I prefer the way OneNote integrates with Office and tbh I don't like the notion that I have to leave my stuff on Evernote's server for eternity, even after I have 'deactivated' my account, because accounts cannot be deleted. I'm also proposing the share my OneNote stuff via Dropbox and I believe that it can be read (although not edited) with any browser, which you can't do with Evernote.

Top Bottom