Ms ozboz down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Glad Mrs O is not too badly injured and hope she recovers quickly. :hugs:

As for the dog walker if he's professional dog walker he's should be more aware than most about being one step ahead of them. He has a duty of care for the dog in his care not to mention care of everyone else. Report him to the local authority if he's a pro he has to be registered and licensed by them.

alicat

Legendary Member
As for the dog walker if he's professional dog walker he's should be more aware than most about being one step ahead of them. He has a duty of care for the dog in his care not to mention care of everyone else. Report him to the local authority if he's a pro he has to be registered and licensed by them.

I agree with this. His attitude of saying nothing really happened because the dog was spooked by a motorbike is worrying.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not taking anything away from what's happened to Mrs O but it could have been the car behind her that not involved and possibly the death of the dog. That's not saying much for the dog walker.
Missed the bit about the dog dying?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Very glad to hear it's not too bad.

If said person really was a professional dog walker, then they are liable for the injuries and damage caused, and may well be covered by indemnity insurance.

I would suggest putting in a claim, if only to make them think twice about the danger they put others in in future.

D

Deleted member 26715

if only to make them think twice about the danger they put others in in future.
The dogs owner may also be interested in a professional dog walker putting their ickle biddy baby in danger, Ms Ozboz may have been a Chelsea tractor with a different result.

Edit:- Oops, just read @tom73 & @vickster comments so already coverd

I'm glad that Mrs Ozboz is not to bad. If he's a paid dog walker he should have liability insurance. I second putting in a claim, not to punish the guy, but to return things to the state they were in before the accident.

Many Thanks everyone for you get well wishes !

She had a scan and from that they could determine that there were no fractures or internal problems, but she is very sore around upper body , her head hit the kerb on impact , somehow the bike ended up on top of her, luckily a very nice young lady driving behind did an emergency stop so there was no danger from other vehicles and stayed until ambulance and myself arrived, also a nice young man who was jogging stayed worth her . The person with the dog Is a paid dog walkers , said he had the dog on a reasonable length of lead and it was spooked by a motorbike , apparently that was bullshit the dog was well into the road when she went into the kerb , so it was to long of a leash for walking on pavement,
The marks on her helmet , though slight would indicate that it saved her from having a nasty head wound above the left eye socket, the Doctor and medical staff all praised the fact that she was donning a helmet, they see people who have been in cycling accidents , if a bad head wound occurs they are certain wearing a helmet would have prevented it ,
Thanks again everyone !
Horrid that it happened but good news that it's not too serious. Two things come to mind of course (and I'm sure others will have said similar):-
1) Obviously a new helmet will be needed
2) As a 'professional' dog-walker (i.e. offering a business service) I think they're legally obliged to carry professional indemnity insurance. You can and should therefore claim costs and expenses. It shouldn't matter if there was a motorbike etc or not.
GWS to Mrs Ozboz anyway

vickster

Legendary Member
There are a lot of so called “professional' dog-walkers” that are not insured as it cost a lot these days.
I do dog/house sitting and it was £130 last year.
Business expense, simply include it in tax return
(I have to have it too for my contracts/freelancing in case I make an expensive mistake!)

si_c

Guru
Glad Mrs Ozboz is not too seriously injured it could clearly have been much much worse.

I would seriously consider claiming the cost of damages from dog walker in question as it is clear that the dog was not under control - if it was it wouldn't be in the road. No reason why you should have to be out of pocket for replacement helmet / time off work / etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed. Is she a member of British Cycling, Cycling UK, LCC or similar? If so, call their legal helpline for advice (might also have something through home insurance or even employer)

This all assumes you have the other parties details and if possible, witness contact details?

Top Bottom