Ms ozboz down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
GWS Ms O!

I think those leads are more dangerous than just letting the dog run free - at least then you'd only have the dog to avoid and not a lead as well. A lot of owners will take hold of their dog as you approach if it is not on a lead, but they forget (never even thought!) that on a long length of lead a dog has a huge circle to run around in.

Extended dog leads are a pet hate of mine. Owners seem blissfully unaware of them getting tangled around everyone else while they let pooch have his little run.

My father-in-law died as a result of being tripped by one. The exited dog wrapped itself around and around my f-i-l and he fell and banged his head. Was unconscious, then in a coma for two weeks until his children (one of whom a professor of medicine) decided to pull the life support switch as there was zero sign of life.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Mrs O.

tom73

Guru
If you know your dog well enough to know every move before they do and used with common sense extended dog leads are fine.
Sadly as with many things they don't come with any built in.
I almost went flying on my ride this morning due to one had all on to avoid the lead and a great lump of a lab in the middle of the road.
Luckily out on the bike with disc brakes and spotted it quickly.

Any news on Mrs O ?

pawl

Legendary Member
The extended lead ls a menace as are most of the owners.Back in the day I did a bit of running in the local woods.As soon as I approached a dog on one of those things I stopped and let dog and owner pass having bee brought down by one of those contraptions. Not the dogs fault..
I owned a dog walked her on bridal paths .Any person walker or cyclist approach she was called to heel or to lay down.Pity they don’t spend a bit of money attending a dog training course.Nothing better than a well trained owner and dog We have had a few cases with sheep worrying.Some owners see nothing wrong with allowing there dogs to run free among farm animals
Hope Mrs O gets well soon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Your turn to cook tea then..
Gws mr ozboz..

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Hoping MrsOzboz recovers quickly!!
Similar thoughts as many re wander leads on dogs.

GWS :hugs:

Top Bottom