MTB handle bar mounted bag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobi

Can someone please recommend me a handle bar mounted bag for MTB?

It should be

* not expensive (ideally £20 or less)
* easy to secure
* with cover and reasonably weather resistant

Thanx

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
for real mountains or for tow paths and bridleways/sustrans stuff?

If the former I'd, well, forget it. You'll be forever retrieving your stuff from the scenery unless it has a zip closure or very secure straps, and whatever is in it will get battered, abd probably battered to pieces.

Oxford do cheap ones for around £25 which you'll see on fleabay. altura and avenir ones are around £30 ime.

or there is an unkown quantiy in something like this

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Basket is the only way to go...

straightbars.jpg

...and it's got to be wicker. :thumbsup:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
No idea, I never buy cheap because you will be buying again in a few months.

Ortleib bar bag with Klickfix fittings is the way to go.

Steve

mikeIow

Guru
I'm curious about this...because I now have a Trek, and my old Avenir bar bag, which has excellent quick release fittings, fails to fit....the handlebar tube is 32mm near the stem, and the fittings are for a "normal" bar :-(
Anyone know if you can get Avenir fittings for fatter bars (google isn't helping me !)....
or anyone recommend a bar bag that would fit *and* have a good map space on top (not sure the ortliebs do?

Colin B

Not sure about the basket , but I've googled the bikepacking thing before I got the bike cos the outdoors / camping out thing interests me and I wouldn't mind doing it myself .

Ortlieb bar bag (full sized or compact, have used both) will meet all but one of your requirements (££££'s not met, but try picking up one 2nd hand)...
have used them on tour on mountain bikes, on touring bikes and 100% waterproof, never lost anything from them.

Top Bottom