MTB or Road Shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
FOAD

FOAD

Just been told by the bike shop that the entire Cube order for the UK is stuck at Calais thanks to the bloody French fisherman.

Not likely to get it for another week. Very very unhappy! Gonna have to ride in next week with the rest of the guys on their new bikes (for the first 1/2 mile until I can no longer keep up).

Am walking round the house in the SIDI's though, they fit like a glove.....wonderful!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The fishermen will have fried your bike in garlic and eaten it by now - they'll eat anything over there - you should ask for some of that £4m Euros compo the Froggy Gov has offered.

OP
OP
FOAD

FOAD

Nah mate, some bloody illegal is riding it around Sangat as we speak. Hope he falls of and gets his arse impaled by the handlebars.

Just a thought, once you've finished sticking pins into a voodoo doll of Peanut dressed as a French fisherman....:biggrin:

The shoes you have = good.

May I suggest that you pair them with some Crank Bros pedals (I have the Quattro Road) which come with a fairly small cleat and a plastic surround which is much easier to walk in than a plain SPD cleat or a standard three bolt road cleat. Best of all worlds imho. The standard three bolt road cleat is fine, but unless you are seriously into racing, they are not essential. I prefer to be able to clop about in my road shoes without fear of landing on my well padded &rse over and above shaving 2sec off my 25 mile TT time....:biggrin:

Oh and get pedals that are at least double sided (Quattros are four sided) and DO NOT try and pair a single sided road pedal with an SPD cleat. Hideous deth at traffic lights, at roundabouts, at cafe stops etc....

OP
OP
FOAD

FOAD

I have to say I do like the Crank Bros stuff, however the guys at my LBS reckon the cheap ones (ie sub £100) aren't likely to last me long compared to SPD-L or Look, purely cuz I am very, very heavy!

Any thoughts?

Edit: Come to think of it they were talking about the egg beaters (when I was thinking of getting MTB shoes to start me off).

OP
OP
FOAD

FOAD

Anyone seen my bloddy Cube?

Still no-one knows where it is!

On a postive note I did about 15 miles today in my new SIDI road shoes on my MTB as I could be waiting 'til Xmas for the road bike, and I didn't even notice I was wearing them, aprt from finding it slightly more difficult to locate the cleat in the pedal than the Spesh MTB shoes I was wearing before hand.

Very happy with the SIDI's, so much so that I may not send back the other coloured pair I got... ;)

Cubist

Still wavin'
FOAD said:
I have to say I do like the Crank Bros stuff, however the guys at my LBS reckon the cheap ones (ie sub £100) aren't likely to last me long compared to SPD-L or Look, purely cuz I am very, very heavy!

Any thoughts?

Edit: Come to think of it they were talking about the egg beaters (when I was thinking of getting MTB shoes to start me off).
FOAD
Apparently the eggbeater c's can bend if you're heavy. Having said that I weigh just about 16 st and mine are still straight.............:smile:

They do look good though!

Top Bottom