MTB rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Mickle has had a sad on ever since I questioned why people were being told WD40 was evil. I wasn't nasty about it but he took offence big time.

Ever since it's just been this non stop bullshit, he needs to grow up.

Oh, thanks for the detailed instructions! I take it then that making my own mind up about who is and who isn't tiresome is no longer an option (again!)then?

Zoiders, as a completely disinterested outsider, may I point out that you are a very strongly opinionated poster who will sometimes wind folk up. You have an abrasive manner (if you pardon the pun) on occasions, and come across as a bit "hey, listen to ME, I'm right and the rest of them are out of step."

I have no intention of joining in the fun, but if we were to score the number of times my hackles have risen when reading your post versus the same effect by Mickle, then I'm afraid you are Leicester Tigers to Mickle's Leeds Carnegie.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Oh, and by the way, Emery is not a generic name for the sort of finishing papers you describe. It is a specific name for paper used to finish and polish hard surfaces (not wood or paint like alu oxide paper, it's entirely unsuitable for that sort of work)

It's name is from the emery crystals bonded to the paper.
Here, have a free bit of googling result;

Emery cloth is a type of abrasive that has emery glued to a cloth backing. It is commonly used in metalworking by hand. A finer, less commonly seen grade has a paper backing instead.

[edit]Grades
The grade of the cloth defines the coarseness or fineness of the abrasive. Emery is rated on the average grain size glued to the backing. Common sizes are, from coarse to fine: 40, 46, 54, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, F, and FF. A 46 or 54 grade cloth is used on roughly filed work, while 60 to 90 grade cloth will give a good polish.[sup][1][/sup]

lukesdad

Oh, thanks for the detailed instructions! I take it then that making my own mind up about who is and who isn't tiresome is no longer an option (again!)then?

Zoiders, as a completely disinterested outsider, may I point out that you are a very strongly opinionated poster who will sometimes wind folk up. You have an abrasive manner (if you pardon the pun) on occasions, and come across as a bit "hey, listen to ME, I'm right and the rest of them are out of step."

I have no intention of joining in the fun, but if we were to score the number of times my hackles have risen when reading your post versus the same effect by Mickle, then I'm afraid you are Leicester Tigers to Mickle's Leeds Carnegie.
Way to go Cubist.....er would you like to run that last part by me one more time? :blush:

Shaun

Founder
Erm, gents, can you please put your wanger's away and stop waving them about at each other (and I'm sooo glad we don't have a smiley for that!! :laugh: [and don't anyone else go posting one either, thank you!!!] ).

Seriously, please, let's not fall out.

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Gotcha Ospreys vs Dragons :thumbsup:

No, I was talking about proper rugby teams........
tongue.gif

What is this rubgy of which you speak?

What is this rubgy of which you speak?

It's a little pimple in Sport which can be rubbed down with some ICC Cricket and a match fix or two and then polished with some Premiership flim flam. Not to be confused with American rugby called football, which is also imported into this country and is an inferior rugby product. You probably know something about it from your holiday there.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Weh hey! and cafe regulars complain about the arguments in P&L :smile:

Commenting on the OP; a few years ago i built up my avalanche 0.0 from a frame on e-bay and assorted new cycle parts from merlin/wiggle chain reaction. I carefully calculated how much it woud cost and reckoned i could match an off-the shelf price..... but the final cost was £140 greater ..because- its almost a law of the universe- a large project will always cost you more than you think..there will always be complications/things you have overlooked.

Maybe zoiders and mickle can agree with that one... :ph34r: ;)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
+1

Top Bottom