MTB shoes for road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Maybe unusual to some but I prefer MTB pedals on my road bike. I just find the shoes easier to walk in at cafe stops etc.
I'm now looking for new but a bit more flashy and road shoe looking. (purists will say "buy road shoes then!)
Liking the ratchet or Boa system and seeking red/black and white if possible.
Without going mad with the cash, any recommendations out there guys? :notworthy:

Ditto.
I ride Shimano XC 700. Meet all your above requirements.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have a pair of Dromati; a rather fine present from Mrs PP. Whilst they are nice they are a bit overpriced given they're made in the Phillipines not Italy, and the construction isn't in the same class as a pair of similarly priced office shoes from Northampton. That said, they are nice. I think there are similar British made cycle shoes, which might be as good or better

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe unusual to some but I prefer MTB pedals on my road bike. I just find the shoes easier to walk in at cafe stops etc.
I'm now looking for new but a bit more flashy and road shoe looking. (purists will say "buy road shoes then!)
Liking the ratchet or Boa system and seeking red/black and white if possible.
Without going mad with the cash, any recommendations out there guys? :notworthy:
What shape feet do you have? Narrow, wide, flat, high instep, what size?

fizik red & black?
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Fizik/X5-Terra-MTB-Shoes/GTJS?id=784836

I've always worn MTB shoes on my winter bike. They're warmer than road shoes.

Bought a one boa MTB shoe from Planet X last year and they've been great for 6 hour rides.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Maybe unusual to some but I prefer MTB pedals on my road bike.
Nothing unusual or wrong with wearing the 'MTB' SPD shoes for road cycling and in many cases this is far more practical and sensible than the 'proper' road shoes that 'proper' cyclists insist on wearing regardless of the impracticalities (cleat covers FFS!). I have SPD pedals on all my bikes from MTB through to carbon roadbike and this works well with no need to have seperate shoes for each bike.

I have a pair of Dromati; a rather fine present from Mrs PP. Whilst they are nice they are a bit overpriced given they're made in the Phillipines not Italy, and the construction isn't in the same class as a pair of similarly priced office shoes from Northampton. That said, they are nice. I think there are similar British made cycle shoes, which might be as good or better
I'm very interested in your experience of these shoes. I have been lusting after a pair in the brown leather for years.
1619904336918.png

Personally think these look gorgeous and stylish, but can't decide if in reality they are just a nice object that would actually look stupid on my feet? Also, do I care as long as I like them and they make me happy? If the quality isn't good then the price is prohibitive.

These shoes are available in the required black/red but looks like this option is all sold out so not good for the OP unless they require size 47.

1619905066729.png

Top Bottom