mud guards for 25m wheels...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hero of valour

...anyone know of a decent set of guards which will work well with 25mm tyres?....a lot of the one's i find seem to be 23mm and i dont want to buy a pair only to find they dont flippin fit!!!

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi,

If thats your bike in your avatar you will be hard pushed to find normal guards that will fit with.

There are clip on ones, or crud road racers. The problem isnt so much the tyre size, but the tyre to brake-bridge clearence.

Nice choice of bike, by the way!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Because it wouldn't fit with them the normal way round - reversing the stays pulled the top out a bit and allowed 25mm tyres supplied on the Secteur to fit.

OP
OP
hero of valour

hero of valour

Because it wouldn't fit with them the normal way round - reversing the stays pulled the top out a bit and allowed 25mm tyres supplied on the Secteur to fit.
ok thanks mate. was it difficult to reverse the stays? i really need to get myself a pair for the winter - along with trousers, thermal socks, buff, undergarment and a load of other stuff ive probably forgotten!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
No - they may fit yours, but I simply fitted them the other way round when fitting the mudguards.

Top Bottom