mudguard options..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DLB

I've just taken the silver full mudguards (which came with the bike) off my hybrid trek 7.1 (which is black) and the bike looks a thousand times better.

When the rain appears next, what alternatives do i have other than putting the silver guards back on? What mudguards do you guys and gals use? Would black full guards look better than the silver ones?

I realise that come the autumn (if not before) mudguards are going to be essential for me to avoid a soaking.

Oh, and if it makes a differnence, i have a rack fitted.

Maz

Guru
Black 'guards deffo look better...I have a black specialized sirrus onto which I had slim, close-fitting black SKS 'guards fitted. It looks good!

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Black to me look a LOT better on a black frame with black tires. . They sort of blend in. I use raceblades on my road bike but would prefer full guards. Style is nice but in winter I prefer a dry arse and legs:biggrin:

OP
OP
D

DLB

Brock said:
Just put the silver ones back on and stop being such a prissy fanny.

yes but they make the bike look crap. I've had the bike for nearly a year but never seen it without them as it came with them already fitted.

Perhaps if i was the wrong side of 40 i'd be happy to use them while wearing some farrar trousers and a nice cardigan. And sandals with socks.

Brock

DLB said:
yes but they make the bike look crap. I've had the bike for nearly a year but never seen it without them as it came with them already fitted.

Perhaps if i was the wrong side of 40 i'd be happy to use them while wearing some farrar trousers and a nice cardigan. And sandals with socks.

It's a hybrid with a rack, the style police will hang you regardless of your sandals or the guard colour. ;)

Noodley

Brock said:
It's a hybrid with a rack, the style police will hang you regardless of your sandals or the guard colour. ;)

exactly. no point trying when you are a disaster anyway. :biggrin:

OP
OP
D

DLB

I've just spent 2 hours putting black SKS guards on my Crossroads. I was a bit worried about them turning it into a grandad bike. but after 2 hours of messing about (don't ever let yourself drop a tiny nut onto a patterned carpet) I've got them on and they do look great. They're almost metallic, and reflect the colour of the frame. And they're slick, but sturdy.

Far better than those pesky Halfords guards I took of the wife's bike. They was rubbish.

are they these Paul...?

skwerl

...I've got them on and they do look great. quote]

No. Sorry but no matter what mudguards they are they're never going to look "great". It's always going to be a case of how bearable they are. The only great mudguard is a mudguard that's not fitted to a bike.

OP
OP
D

DLB

skwerl said:
Sorry but no matter what mudguards they are they're never going to look "great". It's always going to be a case of how bearable they are. The only great mudguard is a mudguard that's not fitted to a bike.

i had a feeling that somebody would write that

Brock

DLB said:
i had a feeling that somebody would write that

It was almost inevitable, but you know they're the people that jump on the turbo trainer in the living room the moment there's a wisp of cloud in the sky. ;)

Top Bottom