Mudguard suggestions for 2.0ins tyres on 650b wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello good pedaling people.

I'm finding it hard to find a nice pair of plastic mudguard, that will fit 650b wheels with 2.0 inch tyres.
Obviouslly, they must cover the full width of the tyres, and I prefer plastic ones with 100% metal stays (no breakable plastic bits on them). Any suggestions?
GBR.

700c hybrid size from SKS will probably work

Obviouslly, they must cover the full width of the tyres, and I prefer plastic ones with 100% metal stays (no breakable plastic bits on them). Any suggestions?
GBR.

They needn't worry if your preferred guards aren't as wide as the tyres. Water only sprays off bicycle and motorcycle tyres from the centre of the tyre. Any bits of tyre that peeks out from the guard won't splash you.

I understand if your reason for wanting wider ones are for aesthetic value.

U

User169

Not quite what you asked for, but Honjo make metal mudguards that would fit 2inch 650Bs.

OP
OP
U

User84300

They needn't worry if your preferred guards aren't as wide as the tyres. Water only sprays off bicycle and motorcycle tyres from the centre of the tyre. Any bits of tyre that peeks out from the guard won't splash you.

I understand if your reason for wanting wider ones are for aesthetic value.
Thanks for your kind reply. Yes i agree that water mostly comes from the tyre centre. But a reason why i need full width ones is the guard sides. Due to limited space inside my forks, the front guard may be a close fit. But i don't mind a mudguard with shallow sides.

OP
OP
U

User84300

I should also add, that the rear guard will fit easily. Who can suggest exactly which product i should look at from SKS? Must have no plastic bits on stays, metal only please!

OP
OP
U

User84300

SKS commuter guards come to mind the Ventura ones

Thanks for suggestion. My priority is to protect the bike, the seat tube and down tube. So not the ventura ones. I'm thinking about just buying full length bluemels, but then adapting them to make them fit better.

Last edited:
No idea. These are 45 versions mated with 35 tyres.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom