Mudguards for a tricross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi all,

Im going to be getting a specialized tricross (2010) and as its going to only be used for commuting on the road, towpaths and and very light trails I would like to make a few changes, mainly the tyres and put mudguards on it.

For the tyres Im thinking about Marathon Pluses in 28 mm...

But Ive been reading that fitting mudguards, well the front one, can be difficult. I was going for SKS ones, but would like opinions of any owners as to how well they fit or other makes of guards.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
A guy in the office has SKS Chromoplastics on his. He looked into it and said that Blumels would also fit. He didn't appear to have any problems with the front.

The guards he has on it had to have the stays trimmed to make them fit correctly, but they follow the line of the wheel fine. You can also get away with using the original tyres with them on.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had a tricross a few years ago & had no problems fitting the mudguards, the only problem was that the front guard reduced the toe clearance & once or twice I caught the mudguard with my toes when turning at slow speeds :blush:

Falwheeler

I have a Tricross fitted with SKS mudguards, no problem but the front one is mounted in front of the fork instead of the back due the shape of the rear of the fork

sleekitcollie

I had a tricross a few years ago & had no problems fitting the mudguards, the only problem was that the front guard reduced the toe clearance & once or twice I caught the mudguard with my toes when turning at slow speeds :blush:
ive got a 2010 tricross sport . marathon plus 28 fitted as well as sks mud guards no prob fitting them but agree toe overlap can catch u out now and then , no real prob though
ive had bike loaded up for a recent long weekend to islay & jura , bike was fine , but brake,pads prob need upgraded as it was reluctant to slow down on steep downhils

Top Bottom