Mudguards for close-clearance frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

I am about to use my Specialized Roubaix Comp for winter riding, but the problem I will encounter is fitting mudguards, as it has'nt eyelets, suppose I'll have to get P-clips. The guards themselves will have to be super-slim as the clearances are minimal.
Anyone have experience of this type of adaption?

RSV_Ecosse

Hi,

I have a Pinarello FP1 with the same problem. I use it a lot to commute to work and was looking for at least a rear mudguard that would quickly fit and do the job of keeping road splash and other crud off my back.

I ended up getting a Budget Sprint Clip-on Mudguard from the Edinburgh Bike Co-op store.

CLICK HERE

It fits to the seat post and comes with extenders if required. Works very well indeed and can be removed in seconds.

I don't know about the front mudguards though, the one in the link above would probably fit the front as well as the rear I think.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Salmon did very fine alloy mud guards - very narrow if you have some room and use P clips....... both my road bikes have zero room for any guards and they are 15 years plus old.....

You might be looking at clip on Race guards.....SKS do good guards, but you'll need clearance between tyre and brake bridge....

Top Bottom