Mudguards for Pearson Touche (SS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am toying with the idea of mudguards for the Touche, but I want to keep the weight down as much as possible. I already have two bikes with mudguards and rack and want to keep this one as light as possible (it's probably 8kg at the mo, maybe less)

Other than the (IMO) utterly crud Crud roadracer guards, what are a light proper mudguard option for a roadbike with plenty of clearance and 23mm tyres? SKS are too weighty. I'd also prefer something a little shorter at the front as I do seem to have overlap issues (big feet, short reach) on the Genesis with Chromoplastics (which bizarrely dumped my bike in the middle of the road in Chertsey as @jefmcg will recall)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Touche is a longer wheelbase frame. To be honest, Chromoplastics are the best for that frame - my Wills Wheels is the same frame as the Touche. The Touche also has mounting bolt holes for the guard at the brake bridge and chainstay bridge. You shouldn't have any overlap issues.

My guards have been on nearly 6 years !

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmmm, but they are quite heavy, nothing in between? What about the raceblades so I can choose to remove if needed - if I have fixed guards, they'll never come off!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They aren't heavy - me being a weight weenie. I've got the SKS Raceblade Longs on my Ribble as the clearance is tight (and toe overlap).

Short guards don't really cut it - you and the bike get covered in crap/wet.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
The longs might be a solution, as opposed to the chromoplastics
I'll see in the new year (with my dodgy knees I should probably be riding geared bikes, if riding at all)

Top Bottom