Multi tasking whilst riding , what can you do

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by biggs682, 11 May 2010.

1. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

...sexual orientation and bike parts on one thread, and still no post from Fnaar....? We seem to be living in troubled times...

2. I've taken photographs and turned an OS map over in the map case. All without stopping or falling off.:cheers:

3. RyanW

RyanW The abominable Bikeman

I can get my toe clip thing back in the hook, also flipped my pump around and reattached. while cycling in heavyish traffic, about as much as i can cope with

4. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Sorry, I was fiddling with my pump :smile:

5. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Some years ago i used to be able to roll a fag while riding.:ohmy:

6. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Admire the scenery, breathe, drink water, eat, spit, switch my lights on if getting dark, nod / raise hand at other drivers when they show good driving, look, think & plan work/personal life, burn calories, steer, brake, change gear.

7. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Veteran

I can ride whilst talking to myself and generally abusing passing cars, I noticed today. :ohmy:

8. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

Phew! It looks like normal service has resumed...Praise be....

9. BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

shout laugh pray and survive

10. thomas

thomas the tank engine

Even more impressive at your age :smile:;)

11. I've used my phone, taken photos, opened food and removed both arm warmers (but not at the same time). I once nearly came unstuck by trying to take off my waterproof, realising that I couldn't get my hand through the cuff.

12. thomas

thomas the tank engine

I once tried flicking an elastic band of my handlebars....turns out I can't multi task very well as I some how managed to jack knife my front wheel and go flying over the handle bars (whoops).

I didn't even make it to the end of my road :smile::blush:

13. OP
    OP
    biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

guys i do believe we are all mad then

14. MacLean

MacLean Well-Known Member

Read my hand written directions on an a4 piece of paper holding it infront with two hands whilst cycling... (driver drove by and shook his head at me for doing this lol)

Took off and wrapped around my waist my hoody sweater cos I couldnt be f'ed stopping.

Its pretty much a case of the faster you go the more stable you are with no hands :biggrin:. So if your not good at multi tasking then go faster! :angry:

15. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Amazing what you all can do, if a motorist did the same you lot would be down on them like a ton of shoot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice