Mundane News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This afternoon was progressing mundanely as usual until I happened to look out of the front window to see that the Police had blocked off the road. I thought that the Police were having another training session again, but as I continued watching I could see that a motorcycle and a car were involved and that a person was lying down in the middle of the road. I couldn't see if any of the people wearing Hi vis jackets had trainer written on them so I started to wonder if it was for real. A little while later an ambulance arrived and the crew started to treat the rider who was still lying in the road. The Air Ambulance landed in a nearby playing field and two of the crew attended to the rider, the helicopter took off leaving the crew at the scene. The rider was finally put in the ambulance and was driven away, the Police are still at the scene and are clearing up.
I do not know how the rider is, he seemed to be moving and the ambulance drove off without sirens. I hope that he is alright.

Katherine

Guru
We have had 29 Treacle Tritters so far. " Ding dong" . MAke that 35.
I've lost count ! I think it's a record year for trick or treaters . I allowed 2 picks from the sweet bowl each earlier but I've had to make it just one now or I'll run out . I thought I'd been clever by accidentally buying too much so we could enjoy what was left ! !

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My doorbell is just that little bit too high for the average trick or treater to reach. Either that or the local children are afraid of me.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I have just cut a very wet lawn.Last time for this year.The weeds well i am leaving them to grow till next year.

My son's dog has rollered the lawn, the grass is lying flat but the bumps are still there. Can't complain as he was obviously enjoying himself.

6.jpg

However the grass will be a pain to cut.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had quite a few kids round once we got home. All very polite. Shame the same can't be said for the two large groups of boys. One group launched rocks at me cycling past (missed) and another group flung an iron bar at me. Hit the front wheel but bounced off fortunately. Found a couple of coppers in the next village to warn them of the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom