Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I need to be able to clean off any squeeze-out with water. Also, Gorilla Glue only has a working time of about 15 minutes. That's way to short for complicated glue-ups.
I was taught to allow 'squeeze-out' of Cascamite to dry then chisel the excess off by the Cabinetmaker who was my chief lecturer.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Same thing isn't it?
I have to admit that it's such a long time since I drank either as draft and even longer since I drank Carling at all that I'm not able to say. I did have some cans of San Miguel fairly recently and they had a slightly tacky, almost resinous aftertaste, something that I'd never associated with the insipidness of Carling.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I have to admit that it's such a long time since I drank either as draft and even longer since I drank Carling at all that I'm not able to say. I did have some cans of San Miguel fairly recently and they had a slightly tacky, almost resinous aftertaste, something that I'd never associated with the insipidness of Carling.
Insipid gas is how I would describe it but I am not a larger connoisseur the all.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ooh, I love parkin! The treaclier and gingerier the better.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was taught to allow 'squeeze-out' of Cascamite to dry then chisel the excess off by the Cabinetmaker who was my chief lecturer.
Chiselling it off is blooming tedious, especially in corners. It's far easier to have a bucket of water and a washing up sponge to hand and deal with it when it's still liquid. That's my preference anyway. Use masking tape to protect the workpiece adjacent to the glue line too.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Ivan :wub:
20161103_192201.jpg

Top Bottom