Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Tamoxifen for breakfast..ill try this for 2 weeks before i try an injection to calm this shoulder down.

Tamoxifen?

Juvenile starlings have taken over my bird feeders :sad:

Shaun

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I'll do my best...
Although, if I got rid of another few bikes, the ones I don't ride much / ever, I could invest in an electric bike for my commute.
*plottens*

The thick plottens.

Oh :blush: not that you are thick or anything, it was one of my Father's hexpressions.

Have you seen or heard about the G Tech lectric Bike?
I have got one of their cordless vacuum cleaners.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Hmmm. Could I clean the house up by cycling around it, and how does that work for stairs?

I think I'd either get a second-hand one, or a kit of some sort and mount it onto one of my less-used bikes. With the legislation around e-bikes changing regularly, it's probably worth creating some obfuscation about the date of manufacture. That's if I get one at all. I'm really trying to reduce the fleet, so getting another bike is a less-than-obvious way of achieving that!

Last edited:
Do I make a start on the 2 custom-request tea cosies I took an order for yesterday or do I clean and start to dismantle my bike in readiness for its shiny new derailleur? Third option is to play Word Battle for half an hour.... :scratch:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Beware of second-hand, people are often selling them because they are so unfeasibly heavy. The best ones I have seen are front-wheel conversions on someone's favourite old bike - that's kept several people I know cycling when age or ill-health was making it increasingly difficult (not just laziness :whistle:).
+1 for fitting a kit to the front wheel of a favourite bike, rigid steel MTB would be my choice.

Do I make a start on the 2 custom-request tea cosies I took an order for yesterday or do I clean and start to dismantle my bike in readiness for its shiny new derailleur? Third option is to play Word Battle for half an hour.... :scratch:
Humph. Option 4 turned out to be collect all the hedge cuttings as Mr Hop cut all the hedges. I haven't finished yet :thumbsdown:

postman

Legendary Member
We have a World Triathalon passing the end of our street.so nobody can get out by car.Mrs Postman parked the car in Headingley overnight,then walked to church this morning.Then went on to Ilkey at lunchtime.I was not going to walk anywhere today apart from Sainsbugs for our steak, for tea.Watched football well done England lads.cleaned mountain bike then did 30 mins on turbo.Then had lunch.A lovely day.

Top Bottom