Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It may have been me that set him off with a post a couple of days ago in the Audax thread.

Pork Pies may have been mentioned too. :whistle:

You did, you bugger... :tongue:

This afternoon I have hung the last new door in the house. I was drilling out the bore for the latch, the final hole and less than 10mm from full depth the electric drill gave out. It was a 40 year old B&D that I remember my dad buying and being very proud of when I was a kid. It gave him many years if service and I inherited it when he died. It has seen me through redoing every room in thr house and of late it has been getting a bit graunchy and the bearings had definitely gone. Today it just stopped forever. Farewell old chum, rust in peace.:cry:

On the upside, after a quick trip to B&Q, I have a shiny new drill which I hope will see me through the rest of my life.
Is it worn brushes or dirty commutator that has caused it to stop.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have just fed the cats.

I enjoyed my fry-up... Thick slabs of Polish smoked bacon fried slowly to release the dripping and get the edges all crispy, then the eggs cooked in said dripping, piccolo tomatoes roasted in the oven with garlic oil, english muffins and a pot of tea. :hungry:
Ssshhh, you might upset people I'm not supposed to mention,( I said it once but I think I got away with it)

Look I've managed to get photographic proof of our Salt Water Crocodile, It's absolutely huge when compared with the tadpoles and the water snails.
IMGP4095.JPG

Is that a Smooth Croc? I've got the Palmate Croc in my new pond!

I love watching them glide around then suddenly put on a burst of energy!
We think it is a Palmate, it's the first time we have actually seen one. A year or so ago I thought I might have seen a tail slithering between some plants but I couldn't be too sure. It is nice to have actually seen one.
I'm now waiting for signs of Dragonfly larvae to emerge, I haven't seen any swimming around but then our pond is rather full of plants.

Top Bottom