Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Nicest day of the year so far I think, clear and sunny and some heat this time too.

I went to visit some friends and went for a bike ride. Later, I detoured coming home and took a walk along the beach 🏖️

I fitted my new coil springs when I got home. Very simple suspension set up and very simple to work on. Comparing old with new confirmed what I thought, there is at most an inch broken off the very end of the coil. No wonder it had zero effect on how the car drove.

A sunny if chilly day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Actually, I spent most of yesterday sleeping. Goodness knows I've really needed it. It's been nice to have a couple of days where I've done not a lot and simply took the time to decompress.

I ended up having eleven separate calls from the cat breeder, but none of them were ever directed to voicemail. He has not replied to the text messages I have sent. However, he has unfriended (and blocked) me on Facebook, and I've been banned from some online cat groups that he admins. How petty. I guess he saw what I posted on my FB status (mentioning no names, I'm not THAT crass) and didn't like being confronted with the truth. Well, if he wants to live in his own little echo chamber where everyone else tells him how wonderful he is, then that's not my problem. I just wish he was man enough to own up to his mistakes and apologise.

Did have fun going stickering in Tesco this evening. I picked up two whole seabass, a pack with two steaks and a sachet of peppercorn sauce, a pack with pigs liver, cauliflower, broccoli, oyster mushrooms, tangerines, two breads and 66 packets of crisps.

I have been alerted to a lovely tortie up for rehoming at a rescue in Surrey. She does tick most of my boxes, but sadly I don't meet the rescue's adoption criteria.

Have just watched MOTD and am now watching the Diamond League athletics.

Given I have no idea what you are talking about, I rather suspect you're right. :smile:

:laugh:

This is my "Thinking cat". She likes to sit on my shoulders and, when she's in the mood, rest her front paws and chin on my head. :wub:

NR1F7323_small.jpg

I have a mobile phone for use by me in emergencies. I cannot remember my own phone number.

Mine gets used mostly to read the news while I'm on the throne in the morning, to listen to the radio or podcasts while I'm sat outside in the garden and in the range of the WIFI and to send the odd SMS message.

It does very occasionally get used as a phone.

A watch stops your arm floating up into the air as well.

Unlikely, given that I wear petite vintage ladies' watches as opposed to bling-encrusted dinner plates :laugh:

MikeG

Guru
Thought you'd left it in the wrong charger. Red battery in a blue charger.

Doors are looking good.
You got yer "iron work" ready and waiting.

No, not yet, but I know what I'm using. I've got to get the glazing before the doors and windows can be fitted, and there is a 2 week lead-in time on that because they are toughened glass. This will give me plenty of time to buy the hardware. Besides, I haven't started on the windows yet.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, not yet, but I know what I'm using. I've got to get the glazing before the doors and windows can be fitted, and there is a 2 week lead-in time on that because they are toughened glass. This will give me plenty of time to buy the hardware. Besides, I haven't started on the windows yet.
You're not making the glass for the windows!

Toughened glass is gonna cost more. Double glazed windows, to keep the heat in/the cold out?

tom73

Guru
Once back from the dog walk i've hd a go at baking some home made treats for Charlie. A bit of a experiment with some refining needed next time . 1st lot out the oven are a bit soft hopefully they will firm up once cooled. 2rd lot now in on a lower gas mark see if a longer slower bake is better. Washing up and clean up down now time :cuppa:.

Top Bottom