Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another motorist tried taking me out on a roundabout yesterday. This time it was a boy black noisy BMW which cut across on front of me on a roundabout. The exit has a Road Closed sign on it so the person must live on the new housing estate being built . I would like to fit rockets to my bike like the ones on the BSA in the film Thunderball! :angry:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A spider, measuring nigh on two inches, has just crossed the floor in front of me.

Is that the body or does it include legs? If legs included it is only a tiddler.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What we really need to know is the shape of the plate it was served up on.

Imagine an Allegro steering wheel, but make the left and right sides straight and parallel with the near and far sides more bowed. I should have taken a photo because the plate was beyond my powers of geometrical description. Aha, google images...
the-famous-cod-father.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast today as forecast but back to sunshine for the rest of the week we are told.
Large cruise liner due in today so the weekly Producers Market has to get out of the way and relocate. These carbuncles seem to be regarded by the harbour authority as more important than anything else.
A survey done in Lerwick showed that the crew spent more money ashore than the passengers did.
The infernal holiday house opposite seems to think blocking my car in is preferable to partially blocking their gate. The house blocks my view and was not built when we came to live here so was never popular.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's been another bright, sunny and chilly start to the day. Coffee & a bowl of porridge have been had to get the day started and the non-recycling bins have been emptied judging by the noise earlier.

The rain radar is showing wetness out to the west which is where I hope it stays so I can get out and enjoy the much less breezy conditions later on.

classic33

Leg End Member
Got one like that in my top shed. Saw it one day tackle an irate wasp tangled in the web. Smaller ones backed off but this one marched straight in and carried the still live wasp off no bother.:ohmy:
Well, I can confirm I'm not in your top shed. If that puts your mind at ease...

classic33

Leg End Member
Another motorist tried taking me out on a roundabout yesterday. This time it was a boy black noisy BMW which cut across on front of me on a roundabout. The exit has a Road Closed sign on it so the person must live on the new housing estate being built . I would like to fit rockets to my bike like the ones on the BSA in the film Thunderball! :angry:
Howabout summat like these!

Screen-Shot-2011-09-30-at-8.51.43-AM.png

Top Bottom