Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Yorkshire Television .... Lad
Back in the day when independent television was made up of regional stations. It's now part of ITV you may not know about it but you will have seen many well known shows. Made at the Yorkshire studios which had a well known reputation for quality output.
It had a very distinctive i dent , fondly remembered and sadly missed. A longer vision with arial views of the moors was also used , I can't find a clip at moment. As it happens the guy who won the competition to design it died a few weeks ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_Yorkshire

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnH6k7ZaOo0

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/art...e-iconic-yorkshire-television-chevron-4563306

The brief Channel 3 period was well liked by those of us shaded by the hills from YTVs transmitters and having to watch Tyne Tees with all it's Newcastle focus. Channel 3 saw the launch of a short lived service for those getting pictures from the mast on the North York Moors. In order to reduce costs reports seemed to focus on mid towards west North Yorkshire in order to be able to go out on both the Leeds and new Teeside located services.

Last edited:
ITV was "Thames TV" and "London Weekend Television" for me.

I can still remember the two bar long Thames TV jingle.

tom73

Guru
The brief Channel 3 period was well liked by those of us shaded by the hills from YTVs transmitters and having to watch Tyne Tees with all it's Newcastle focus. Channel 3 saw the launch of a short lived service for those getting pictures from the mast on the North York Moors. In order to reduce costs reports seemed to focus on mid towards
west North Yorkshire in order to be able to go out on both the Leeds and new Teeside located services.

Tyne Tees was dire some round here had to put up with it. My auntie had the same issue with stuff in the way of transmitter she tried pointing the arial all ways. Even when it work it still had a ghost picture. Lucky we have a clear line to Emily moor can see it from upstairs. At one point we had to have a reducer for the signal plugged into the back of TV as it was too strong.

tom73

Guru
Ah! I thought so ! A Touch of Frost was a Yorkshire TV production .

That was one reason David Jason agreed to do it. He'd work with them many times before and knew he'd be working with a good production team.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry but overcast all day. An idle sort of day with not much achieved.
Topped up my leaky car tyre pressure and charged the trike battery.
I hope to do an off road run on the trike soon and have no wish to be stuck at the bottom of a long steep hill with a flat battery as I need e assist to get up the hill. The Kett. is a heavy beast, unlike the much lighter ICE Adventure with no motor.
No sign of the threatened cruise liner but some of them are frightened to come into the bay and anchor off in the Sound so would not be visible from my house.

Mike_P

Guru
Ah! I thought so ! A Touch of Frost was a Yorkshire TV production .

The Police Station in the "neighbouring" town was the, now former, Council Offices in Harrogate. On "Inspector Frost"s office wall was the coloured OS town map of Harrogate and Knaresborough just always not quite in focus - not quite sure how many town maps OS did but it never got an update as far as I am aware. Quite heavily used by all TV organsiations filiming around here is Crimple Viaduct although reading the text on this web page have to wonder for how much longer http://www.forgottenrelics.org/bridges/crimple-low-viaduct/

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Took my bike for a roam

Had to get from Ashford International Station to Wm Harvey Hospital.
Several occasions I nearly got an ambulance ride. SUV Assassins are out in force.

Who convinced who that the cycle route was remotely suitable.
Several 90 degree bends and so on.

Now cast adrift in the confused universe called "out patients". Condemned to see my days out here I feel. Send reinforcements

I have been and had my ears tested! I am going to have HEARING AIDS! They are on order. I wanted a pair of bright blue ones but decided on silver as they would have cost a further £1,000.

Gwylan would like you to send him three and fourpence.

Top Bottom