Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Thoughts of restaining the side gate were quashed by finding parts still green despite being pressure washed a week or two back. White vinegar solution applied and scrubbed but only partially effective in places so pressure washed again. Caught the path with the pressure washer output and then spent a good time clearing most of the path and the driveway. User error kicked as the idea was use the pressure washer to shift most of the muck and then do it again with cleaning solution. Completely forgot you have to set the lance to mix in the solution. Oh well, something for another day.

classic33

Leg End Member
Four, I'm afraid. They're only 2 years old, and we haven't had 4 eggs from them in a day this year.

Genius!
Fifty percent return rate, on the day in question, isn't acceptable really.

You need to split them into two houses and get them competing against each other. The more they lay the better they get fed.

Should you try it, and you get an increase in egg return, you got the tip here.

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice, extra long perambulation this morning and stopped at the Homebase to buy a replacement handle for my bedroom window as the original broke. No idea what sort of crap metal they make these things from. I paid extra for a Yale one, no idea if will last any better but does seem better made. All fitted and working.

Had a forty mile ride in the afternoon which I enjoyed a lot. Took some roads I hadn't cycled in a long time, mainly because I was daydreaming and missed the turnoff I had planned! Nice and sunny but deceptively cold.

Had chicken and chips and now out for my Sunday evening music fix.

classic33

Leg End Member
Love it! The thought of chicken egg-laying competitions..........
And the increased cost to yourself is only chicken feed really.

tom73

Guru
Fifty percent return rate, on the day in question, isn't acceptable really.

You need to split them into two houses and get them competing against each other. The more they lay the better they get fed.

Should you try it, and you get an increase in egg return, you got the tip here.

One of my great aunt's was married a farmer and local butcher. My dad us to say if a chicken stopped laying she soon had it in the pot.
Equally she'd happily care for and bottle feed orphan lamb's. She use to keep them warm in the warming oven.

Top Bottom