Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm nearly up.

tyred

Legendary Member
Sea view gone haywire this morning.

IMG_20240519_065729.jpg
Proof I don't wash my car very often!
IMG_20240519_065801.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a slowly brightening Suffolk after early light mist or cloud. First time I've been up and about this early voluntarily since retirement, but I need to be out of the house by 08:00 for the drive to Mallory Park. With a drive of around 2 1/2 hours or more ahead of me, the first coffee of the day is a slightly smaller mug's worth than normal.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Foggy start to the day today but the sun may break through soon I hope.
Nothing planned as it depends on the weather. Cannot stay indoors but cannot be bothered weeding beside my path.
Bishop Weed is getting a bit out of control and hiding the Bluebells. Mebbe tomorrow.
I do a series of exercise every morning which were given to me by a physio to help with back problems. I have incorporated attempts to touch my toes with straight legs. Very frustrating as I am about an inch off managing it.

Oh! SWMBO returns home today. I've done a few things whilst she was away. 3 rides,a visual check round her car for its MOT. Put some filler in some woodwork, rubbed it down and painted over it . She doesn't like the smell. Styrene! Did some decorating and a bit of weeding. Probably not as much as she would have done but I tried. I don't know if I've drowned her plants in the greenhouse!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Back home with 32 miles under my belt
Milky skies but ok for shorts
Had a split link break 2 miles from home luckily I carry a spare split link

Mike_P

Guru
Overcast despite the Met Office full sun prediction. Been puzzling over where the kitchen sink plug has gone; bowl in the main sink so it resides in the small sink. Just realsed I emptied the bag of used coffee pods into it yesterday to drain the bag of any liquids and must have picked the plug up with the coffee pods:banghead:
Looks like an appropriate trek for new one is needed this morning.

MikeG

Guru
I went to the birthday party of an old friend last night, and took with me this present I carved from a lump of bog oak:

IMG_7290.jpg

All of the symbols are of significance to him. The house shows up better in real life than in the photo.

For those who haven't heard of bog oak, it is oak wood which has been preserved by falling into a bog, and it is between 3000 and 10000 years old in the UK. It's incredibly rare and precious.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Foggy start to the day today but the sun may break through soon I hope.
Nothing planned as it depends on the weather. Cannot stay indoors but cannot be bothered weeding beside my path.
Bishop Weed is getting a bit out of control and hiding the Bluebells. Mebbe tomorrow.
I do a series of exercise every morning which were given to me by a physio to help with back problems. I have incorporated attempts to touch my toes with straight legs. Very frustrating as I am about an inch off managing it.

These bishops get every where.

tom73

Guru
A lovely sunny morning time for some tunes on the kitchen home pod. 1st up just my chance was Lillibullero the march of the REME.
Kind of nice really as this week was the week I lost my dad. So with every thing else no wonder my minds been a mess. Things are a lot clearer after having a word with my neighbour who knows a lot about cars. He also has a simple and matter of fact view on most things.
My Dad was knowable on cars and he'd have come to same view so it feels right.
We've decided to let the insurance company have the car. It owes us nothing and has cost us not much over the years.

Me and Mrs 73 had a talk and we are seeing it as chance to get something a bit nicer and newer still 2rd hand. Which will last us longer and gives us options if we sell in a few years time. Means a bit more in £ in the pot but its doable and we are not using finance.

Top Bottom