Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Old woman at cash machine whinging that the bank's closed... :rolleyes:
You'd think she would know what a 'Bank Holiday' was by now. :rolleyes:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I used to do 'overnights' at Derby train station quite frequently after going to gigs at 'The Flowerpot', got it down to a fine art using a rucksac with my little camping stove and a bottle of Single Malt. I got approached by a couple of transport police once who inquired what I was doing (I suppose I did look like a 'down and out') but I explained and they went away quite happily when I told them I was waiting for the train at 4;45am and yes I did have a ticket
(the London - Sheffield 'Midland Mainline' Trains parked up overnight in Derby for refuelling and cleaning)

As they walked away one of them commented on how well prepared I was. :laugh: :becool:
Always funny how a little camping stove and a pack can attract the police, I always tell Mrs GA we'll never get robbed so long as there is camping equipment in the garage....

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Talking of gliders, when we were in Devizes yesterday there were a bunch of gliders - I'd have said at least 20 - all circling closely on the same thermal. It was like watching a flock of birds.
I saw 6 of them yesterday in a thermal. They must have come this way from Devizes and then headed off towards Hullavington. It was fun to see that many at once. I think I can remember seeing something about a cross country competition the other day on the TV.

Top Bottom