Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Best wishes to Wol and Tasha.
I have just booked for a weekend of cycling in the Peaky District.
The current plan is to stay in a pub :cheers: and ride the Tissington Trail, the Highly Peaky Trail, and Monsal Trail too.
I just hope the weather isn't too :cold::rain:or generally :banghead:

Just come back from there (Monyash), nice part of the world. If you are on Retrobike user Bagpuss has lived their a long time and knows the ins and outs of riding the local routes :smile:

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Thank you everyone for your hugs. The Vet spoke about keeping her in tonight, which in some ways I would prefer.

I am now wearing my Veterinary Nurse outfit. :sad:

Tasha is in a very sorry state, I will not go into the gory details. She is very wobbley and has a plastic cone on her head. The vet has printed out all the details of her operation today, the care plan and what to do next, and all the relevant telephone numbers, in case there are any concerns.

I think I might prefer to look after a human patient, as they can say what they would like, and listen to reassurance. Whereas Tasha is currently wobbley, tired, and unable to settle. I foresee a disturbed night ahead.

She will want to go out, but is not allowed out with the collar on, in case she gets stuck somewhere.

:hugs:
Aw, it sounds like she's been in very good hands and that you will also be just the right person to be her nurse. Hope you both have a good night!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I am now wearing my Veterinary Nurse outfit. :sad:

Tasha is in a very sorry state, I will not go into the gory details. She is very wobbley and has a plastic cone on her head. The vet has printed out all the details of her operation today, the care plan and what to do next, and all the relevant telephone numbers, in case there are any concerns.
:hugs:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
What a difference a day makes, gorgeous yesterday, dull and chilly today.
Marriage is like that....

The bread is / was lush. :hungry: I seem to have demolished a good portion of the loaf for supper. Had a wonderfully crisp crust and the taste and texture of a good sourdough although it wasn't sourdough. Serendipity methinks, at least I made a note of what I did in my "bakes" notebook.

This is the sticking point of buying bread on YS for 4p a loaf vs home baking... I can't bake bread for 4p, but the bought stuff doesn't taste nowhere near as nice... :cry:

D

Deleted member 1258

I was Gizmoed earlier on, our friend the Avon lady came round and brought her dog with her, the animal is hyper and I was in danger of being licked to death.

20170829_203415.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Thank you to everyone for your :hugs: and good wishes.

Tasha has settled down fairly well. She is not scratching at the collar thingy, and has been eating and drinking.

Bob, however, is a different kettle of fish. As she has the collar and only one eye open, (gorey details spared) he is trying to tell me, I think, that she is not well, so he was unsettled. :wacko: He would not go outside either. They are now both asleep.

Top Bottom