Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am baking bread.

Started a 30% wholegrain loaf on Saturday night (with a preferment and soaker) hoping to bake Sunday night as I was tight on bread, but my tub of DA yeast is beginning to show its age by displaying a lack of "oomph". What I put in should have done the bulk ferment in a couple of hours or so, but in the end it got so late I chucked the bowl of dough in the fridge. By this morning it was just about done, so turned it out, knocked back, shaped, proved and only now is it in the oven...

I blame the recent rash of 4p loaves in Tesco for the yeast. At that price it doesn't pay me to bake my own bread...

About to whip off the lid from the cloche and see what I've got.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am now wearing my Veterinary Nurse outfit. :sad:

Tasha is in a very sorry state, I will not go into the gory details. She is very wobbley and has a plastic cone on her head. The vet has printed out all the details of her operation today, the care plan and what to do next, and all the relevant telephone numbers, in case there are any concerns.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I hope she recovers quickly, Wol. I'm thinking of you both.

I think I might prefer to look after a human patient, as they can say what they would like, and listen to reassurance. Whereas Tasha is currently wobbley, tired, and unable to settle. I foresee a disturbed night ahead.

She will want to go out, but is not allowed out with the collar on, in case she gets stuck somewhere.

Tasha is in a very sorry state, I will not go into the gory details. She is very wobbley and has a plastic cone on her head. The vet has printed out all the details of her operation today, the care plan and what to do next, and all the relevant telephone numbers, in case there are any concerns.

Oh sweetheart... :hugs:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think I might prefer to look after a human patient, as they can say what they would like, and listen to reassurance. Whereas Tasha is currently wobbley, tired, and unable to settle. I foresee a disturbed night ahead.

She will want to go out, but is not allowed out with the collar on, in case she gets stuck somewhere.
:sad: :hugs:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I always get the oldest bloody rooms....

IMG_9668.JPG

TVC

Poor Tasha, I'm sure you will be a first class nurse, and she will recover quickly.

I hope she gets better soon.

My tongue is still sore.

In other news they have just announced on our local TV that the old Exploratory is undergoing another name change. It was @Bristol but is now changing to "we the curious".
The last time they changed the name they spoilt what was a good hands on way for kids and adults to play with the experiments.

Lullabelle

Banana

:hugs: to you both

Top Bottom