Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2017-10-18_14-43-9.png

petek

Über Member
Enjoying a mid ride beverage outside local hostelry a couple of hours ago.
Smallish moppet - parents/carers thereof sat at another table -approaches a couple sat with a big setter-looking dog on a short lead.
Moppet.." Does your dog bite?"
Dog lady.. "No she's very friendly."
Moppet strokes dog.
Dog raises paw, hoofs moppet gently to the ground stands over her and starts washing her face.
Moppet mama less than pleased but the moppet was giggling.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5003801, member: 21629"]I will be on 6am to 2pm shift from next week. :cry: I HATE getting up so early. :cry:

At least my supervisor is very friendly. And colleagues. And other staff. And pace is "nobody rushes here". And work is only 5 minutes by bike from home. And wages are good (for me). And we can enjoy free coffe and tea. And ...[/QUOTE]
You enjoy it then?

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 5003801, member: 21629"]I will be on 6am to 2pm shift from next week. :cry: I HATE getting up so early. :cry:

At least my supervisor is very friendly. And colleagues. And other staff. And pace is "nobody rushes here". And work is only 5 minutes by bike from home. And wages are good (for me). And we can enjoy free coffe and tea. And ...[/QUOTE]
My old job everybody tried to get on the 6-2 shift, almost all hated the 2-10.

I liked the lie in of the 2-10 but wouldn't want to do it permanently, 6-2 much better, afternoon naps essential ^_^

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
No, well not unless they start digging my bulbs up.
We have a lot of trees around us so consequently we have a lot of squirrels too. In my experience, squirrels will dig up newly planted tulip bulbs but not daffodils, crocuses or snowdrops. I put a piece of chicken wire over until they start to come up.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5003848, member: 21629"]@potsy

In my opinion all depends on people you work with.
I'm also lucky to work among English again.[/QUOTE]
And if they annoy you, pallet wrap an arm to each fork and lift them up. Best done before a break.

Top Bottom