Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not knowing anything of wagtails, I looked to the BBC, who seem to know something of them, and they say they congregate in winter, in carparks. maybe with a cheap bottle of wine.
I've seen big numbers of pied wagtails ground feeding in car parks. They all kept a fair distance from each other (so not quite what I'd call congregating) when I last found myself watching them at Bluewater shopping mall at an ungodly hour when the open air parking was pretty sparse. I've never seen grey or yellow wagtails in any numbers in the same place though.

I've never seen more than two flying anywhere near to each other and never in a flock. Odd.
Yes, it was a first for me too .They had long tails , and making their distinctive tweet, tweet sound. There was two groups , one large and one smaller group.
We had two Pied Wagtails visiting our garden over the Christmas period, but now we just have what looks like a very pale Pied.

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 5158712, member: 21629"]It is.
Though I spoke to the manager yesterday and he promised me 100% to give me full time contract. But as I've already learnt his words mean just nothing.[/QUOTE]
We have a boss like that, promises the earth, but as soon as he's left the room you know you are forgotten about.

Took me 15 months to get my permanent contract, standard here, was surprised they kept people that long without giving them that bit of security.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
bird-in-icy-tree.jpg

The fabric didn't quite happen. Was just about to start when a friend phoned to have a chinwag and well... We *did* put the world to rights though.

On the flip side, went out on the bike for the first time in 3 months (injuries and other stuff) - 8 rather chilly miles in just under an hour. Now sat down with a :cuppa: and a biskit.

Can't complain too much, I did manage more miles than Cav did today... :whistle:

Gonna go get some chips for supper and will smother them in chinese curry sauce. :hungry:

Top Bottom