Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Sorry wasn't putting it down, she is very artistic and I think she sees herself Infront of a huge technical easel sketchpad designing eco friendly buildings on the scale of the shard. I was not putting out her fire but tried to tell her she needs to be in the top one percent to get that stage.

If I could pass on two pieces of advice to her it would be these......learn quickly the nuts and bolts of building construction. That isn't taught at uni, but it's what you get employed for. Secondly, foster relationships. Get as wide a circle of friends as she can. Join clubs, volunteer, do stuff, and let everyone who asks know she's an architect. Every single architect bar none gets their early commissions from friends and family. Other than that...best of luck to her, and I hope it all goes well. For those with a love of buildings, it's a great career.

Mrs M

Guru
Mr M and I thought that this morning when we saw “the beast” on the news :ohmy:
Just like Sam, only much bigger!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I went out to Toolstation in Acton this evening. Waiting at a slow red light to turn back on to the A40, I looked up and saw four groups of racing pigeons flying low overhead, going like the absolute clappers. Maybe 50-100 in each group. A really beautiful sight. I wondered what on earth they thought of densely populated west London.
Pigeons probably think:
Statues! Man, I really have to go!

Friday tomorrow
.... and my Monday is 11 days later :smile:

Top Bottom