Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Could be a nice day for llama trekking :smile:

Tizme

Veteran
Failed to beat my THR PB set in November 2015 (for my right hip replacement), op table to discharge-23 hours, left hip on Wednesday, op table to discharge, 27 hours - but I did stay for lunch:laugh:
The physiotherapist arrived at 9am to get me out of bed, to find me walking around on a single stick, fed up of lying in bed, told her we were off to "do the stairs" so I could get the tick in the box and go home! Looking forward to getting back on the bike, hopefully a short ride in 4 weeks or so!

postman

Legendary Member
Timer for a rest,and looking at Monday and Tuesday weather forecast,two rides look planned.Not sure where yet.The big gardening job is finished for now,we have to wait till it's the right time to plant the copper beech hedge,at that price we don't want to lose any in hot weather.The rest of the garden has been weeded this morning,the shed,garage and greenhouse look fabulous all cleaned out of years of junk,i can now get to the gardening tools.This is what's going in,going to let it grow to five feet tall.So at the moment i have no more household jobs to do,except hang two pictures,it seems i bought the wrong sized hooks,i await sentencing next week.Mrs Postman can find them.
upload_2018-5-12_14-25-17.jpeg

Just come back from an on the spur visit to Salisbury. We thought we would give some of the traders some business . Plus the fact it was free parking .

This morning's planned ride was canned after a ghastly night's sleep. Feel really bleurgh. :sad:

Did do a spot of gardening this morning before the rain hit - namely de-nettling the climbing roses. Between the nettles and the roses, I am a bit pincushioned.

Currently watching the canned F1 qually from Barcelona and sharing my onesie with a purry, sleepy tortie.

Elysian_Roads

Have you seen the huge number of abandoned cycles in China ? I just happened to see a clip and it was jaw dropping ! :ohmy:

I think they totally underestimated the number in that song . :eek:
@ianrauk posted a link to an article with a number of pictures of these abandoned bikes. Strangely beautiful images but so wasteful.

Some amazing pictures of piles of parked, abandoned, dumped, seized and scrapped hire bikes in China

Linky

View attachment 401150

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
So it's raining heavily on the beach which is not normal. However I do need the water butt filling as it's only a 1/4 full.

Anyhow @Fab Foodie did yet another amazing meal on his new Cobb, now, cooker, newfangledgardencookingthing so we shouldn't starve whilst we are in the Outer Hebs next week.

We leave on Thursday so prepare yourself for dramatic and at time bleak photography.

Top Bottom