Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm outside sitting in the sunshine looking at sheep.
I'm aslo looking at my lemon tree wondering how I am going to use even half of those lemons if they all ripen together!
“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade”.
Elbert Hubbert 1915.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs Postman made a very good statement yesterday.We were on the M62 going to Manchester to see our Son.She said the Government make sure cars are roadworthy and safe,so how about the roads being car worthy.I thought that was very good.Another topic,at 14-33 Elaine Paige was on her radio programme and she said here comes the clowns,this was leading in to a requesat for that song by a listener,and just then we were in traffic and someone tried to cut us up by coming over a stop line near Manchester town centre,oh and another thing too many people use mobiles whilst driving on the M62.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yes ! It would also be helpful if they told you of problems about size . We had to have a window removed so that a new sofa could be fitted .
I had an instance where the delivery drivers from a furniture store suggested that was the only way a settee my ex bought once would fit into the flat.

The 2 armchairs which had the same profile as the settee had gone through the doorway and round the corner through another door on their sides with a bit of a wriggle so I knew the settee would do the same. These guys said that the settee wouldn't, due to the 'wriggle' needed to get the bun feet through the aperture so whipping out my trusty Cordless I unscrewed the feet and lo and behold in the sofa went.

The driver/bloke in charge offered me a job (probably jokingly) but I told him "You can't afford my wages" :laugh:

Top Bottom