Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Somebody wanted me to say Hi to Reg...

20180613182115_IMG_5110.JPG

Prepared a pasta sauce for later - it's simmering away in the crock pot as we speak.

Spent the rest of the morning hefting a chainsaw to clear up part of a downed tree. Will finish it after lunch.

Pork pie, here I come!!!

Didn't have pork pie in the end. Had two slices of wholemeal toast, hoummus, the rest of last night's tomato and avocado salad, a couple of very fine tangerines and two mugs of tea.

Gonna head back out into the garden in a bit.

Right, that's lunch sorted (tea, a camembert and serrano ham sandwich, a tangerine and some blueberries)

I'm heading back out into the garden.

Wind is really getting up here, so will probably can the planned bike ride and shift some extra barrows of logs instead.

Got the chainsaw stuck. Had to saw through a 10-inch thick branch with a bow saw to release it.

Talk about a workout. :heat:

You are the love child of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and a lumberjack and I claim my £5.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TVC

[QUOTE 5276255, member: 45"]Just been to bingo With Eric Clapton. He's nagging me to give him guitar lessons again.[/QUOTE]
Liar, you two have been to Zumba again haven't you.

Am I allowed to suggest you are fibbing?

Right, a :cuppa: before bed.

Need to go to Chatteris and March in the morning.

TVC

[QUOTE 5276368, member: 45"]He heard my playing during down time in the Everglades from the Apollo XX programme -the government always denied our rockets existed but they asked me to join the programme before I was even born- and Eric begged me for lessons, so I helped out then. I gave him the Layla riff but he doesn't like to talk about it. Anyway, the secret service asked me to stop teaching him as they were worried it might upset East/West relations, so they asked me to build the Berlin Wall for them instead.

Anyway, I must get back to my KFC.[/QUOTE]
Are you checking that they are still using the original 11 herb and spices mix that you dictated to the Colonel all those years ago?

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
My dog slept over again in my room last night - probably not a good idea as I had to be up at 5am for work at 6 and my mum got up around 4:15....so he starts growling as he hears the doors going etc.....so I lost out on 45 minutes of valuable sleep.....still...no regrets!!!

Top Bottom