Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
Exactly! I think we all should choose a descendant connection. I'm going to choose one today. It'll take some thinking about:scratch:,so i'll get back on this one. Who would you like to be a descendant of?

Interesting and tricky question, I'd have to give that quite some thought.

One difficult aspect of your question is that whoever anybody thinks of is likely to be 'judged' by today's standard. I suspect that there is barely a single figure from history, who was in any sort of position of power/influence/governence who would stand up to today's morality. 'Modern' people have an unfortunate tendency to look at the past through today's lens, which is wrong. (Caveat - some 'favourites' seem to get away with this, particulaly if they are distanced from us by sufficient time).

Even if one was to go for someone amazingly philanthropic for example, I'm pretty sure someone would be along soon afterwards to denounce them for something or other. Except of course, if the figure was sufficiently attuned to the modern thinking to make their past excusable. Besides, is going for such a philanthropist a cheat? I dunno!

perplexed

Guru
Very nice work there.

Yes, nice job :okay:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm into eating mushrooms at the moment. I have them in curries,on toast(my favourite):hungry: and raw with salads. I know you can buy different sorts,but i stick to the bog standard ones,as you get more for your money:whistle:. Do any of you buy the expensive types and if so can you taste much difference?
Morels grow in my area. Too expensive to buy, but I hunt them sometimes.

postman

Legendary Member
This time last year i was under a dark cloud,depression fed up and not in a good place.All because of a prostate pill named FINASTERIDE,Well twelve months after stopping,with the permission of the Doctor,i feel happy bouncy full of it,and long may it reign.I feel like Scrooge on that famous Christmas morning.Long may it last.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
No morels then.
Not this year. I lack morel fiber.

classic33

Leg End Member
This time last year i was under a dark cloud,depression fed up and not in a good place.All because of a prostate pill named FINASTERIDE,Well twelve months after stopping,with the permission of the Doctor,i feel happy bouncy full of it,and long may it reign.I feel like Scrooge on that famous Christmas morning.Long may it last.
You ordered the goose, the big one, from the butchers?

MikeG

Guru
I humbly acknowledge that they should indeed have been made with buttermilk, but we drink skimmed milk and they were made on the spur of the moment. :laugh: Hell, I even used wholemeal flour. They were surprisingly light, as scones can be a bit 'claggy' sometimes. I made double and froze the buggers.

Oh dear. I'm afraid I may have to send @Reynard around to persuade you of the error of your ways, albeit she often sub-contracts that sort of work out to her cats. I hope you ate them all yesterday, because they'll be dry as a ...........well, put it this way...........they'd make pretty decent ammunition for Nelson's canons today.

MikeG

Guru
[QUOTE 5414311, member: 9609"]Genghis Khan[/QUOTE]

You probably are.

In all seriousness, you have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents and so on. Genghis Khan lived about 800 years ago, or 40 generations. If you go back 40 generations you have approximately 11 million ancestors in that 40th generation. There were 300 million people on the planet then, approx. Take away those living in Africa and the Americas and there's a decent chance that you have him in your lineage (particularly as he managed to breed with alacrity).

Top Bottom