Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did some work for Panasonic a good few years ago, the TV's were put through a scanner to reduce their life.

One of our TVs is a Panasonic. It is a Smart TV although i refuse to connect it to the Internet as it then places adverts down the sides of the EPG! There seems to be no way to disable the advertising.

They have lost a customer forever as i will never buy another Panasonic product.

I hate marketing in all its forms.

That is all.

Sorry false alarm. It isn't / wasn't a frost but dew. It still looks like it though!

This is what was in my parcel yesterday.

Attachments

• IMGP9456.JPG
    IMGP9456.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 18
I finally managed to finish putting a wooden dressing table mirror back together the other day. Some of you may remember me starting it some time ago. :wacko:
It has been a slow learning process, not helped by the fact that when I thought I had finished I discovered that another piece of wood had come unstuck. :sad:
I think the mirror is Victorian from what examples I have found on the net.
Another one of my setbacks was trying to decide how to varnish it. I eventually came up with a solution by thinning some old wood stain varnish I had in my garage. A final wax over and this is how it looks.

Attachments

• IMGP8553.JPG
    IMGP8553.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGP8550.JPG
    IMGP8550.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGP8579.JPG
    IMGP8579.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGP9459.JPG
    IMGP9459.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 18

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This nobber now claims to be a relative of William The Conqueror.:rolleyes:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...elative-William-Conqueror-new-BBC-series.html
Hey,maybe i'm a descendant of Julius Caesar(?):scratch:
He's fairly talentless,but seems to get a lot of publicity!:thumbsdown:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm into eating mushrooms at the moment. I have them in curries,on toast(my favourite):hungry: and raw with salads. I know you can buy different sorts,but i stick to the bog standard ones,as you get more for your money:whistle:. Do any of you buy the expensive types and if so can you taste much difference?

perplexed

Guru
Never mind that. Did you use buttermilk? Think carefully before you answer.

I humbly acknowledge that they should indeed have been made with buttermilk, but we drink skimmed milk and they were made on the spur of the moment. :laugh: Hell, I even used wholemeal flour. They were surprisingly light, as scones can be a bit 'claggy' sometimes. I made double and froze the buggers.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm into eating mushrooms at the moment. I have them in curries,on toast(my favourite):hungry: and raw with salads. I know you can buy different sorts,but i stick to the bog standard ones,as you get more for your money:whistle:. Do any of you buy the expensive types and if so can you taste much difference?
Yes and Yes, I even buy dried Shitake Mushrooms (lovely in a Risotto)

perplexed

Guru
This nobber now claims to be a relative of William The Conqueror.:rolleyes:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...elative-William-Conqueror-new-BBC-series.html
Hey,maybe i'm a descendant of Julius Caesar(?):scratch:
He's fairly talentless,but seems to get a lot of publicity!:thumbsdown:

It's a bit odd innit...

The population was pretty small a thousand years ago by today's standards. (I know you know this). The odds are we are all related to someone who's cropped up in history at some point, it's just a case of knowing the link - many of which are lost to time.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's a bit odd innit...

The population was pretty small a thousand years ago by today's standards. (I know you know this). The odds are we are all related to someone who's cropped up in history at some point, it's just a case of knowing the link - many of which are lost to time.
Exactly! I think we all should choose a descendant connection. I'm going to choose one today. It'll take some thinking about:scratch:,so i'll get back on this one. Who would you like to be a descendant of?

I finally managed to finish putting a wooden dressing table mirror back together the other day. Some of you may remember me starting it some time ago. :wacko:
It has been a slow learning process, not helped by the fact that when I thought I had finished I discovered that another piece of wood had come unstuck. :sad:
I think the mirror is Victorian from what examples I have found on the net.
Another one of my setbacks was trying to decide how to varnish it. I eventually came up with a solution by thinning some old wood stain varnish I had in my garage. A final wax over and this is how it looks.

Very nice work there.

Top Bottom