Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I put my Sigg bottle down somewhere yesterday and I can't find it

Today was a classic example of poor planning and preparation and doing stuff on a whim.
I was going to paint the downstairs loo, just freshen it up a bit. My wife suggested a new low level cistern, the old one is now circa 50 years old and looking grotty. So off I go to get a ceramic one.
Return, open it up to find the water inlet is only available on one side, the wrong side.
So I return to the shop and exchange it for the only viable alternative, a plastic one...meh., but so be it.
So I fitted it up and then realise I need to modify the feed, so back to the shops to get an alternative fitting....plus the old cistern had wall tiles fitted up to it and now the new cistern profile doesn't match, leaving some small gaps. Short of temporarily abandoning the job and rethinking it all, I pressed on and did what I could.
Now it's all in place and working....but I suspect I'll soon be taking it off and re tiling the wall.
Fitting a cistern, quite straightforward....its all the perifery I hadn't expected.
It is a pain when a simple job just escalates!

perplexed

Guru
I need to straighten the cushion on the left* seat on the settee. The other one is proped up ok.

* For those of a nervous disposition, it is the cushion on the left seat as one sits on the settee.

perplexed

Guru
An addition to my previous post regarding blood. You don't seem to function properly running on empty! :wacko:

Don't worry, I've found you an emergency replacement...

Blood-from-a-Stone-473ml.jpg

Today was a classic example of poor planning and preparation and doing stuff on a whim.
I was going to paint the downstairs loo, just freshen it up a bit. My wife suggested a new low level cistern, the old one is now circa 50 years old and looking grotty. So off I go to get a ceramic one.
Return, open it up to find the water inlet is only available on one side, the wrong side.
So I return to the shop and exchange it for the only viable alternative, a plastic one...meh., but so be it.
So I fitted it up and then realise I need to modify the feed, so back to the shops to get an alternative fitting....plus the old cistern had wall tiles fitted up to it and now the new cistern profile doesn't match, leaving some small gaps. Short of temporarily abandoning the job and rethinking it all, I pressed on and did what I could.
Now it's all in place and working....but I suspect I'll soon be taking it off and re tiling the wall.
Fitting a cistern, quite straightforward....its all the perifery I hadn't expected.

That’s what happens when you rush into these things.

Personally, i would have spent several months considering the various options, by which time my wife would have given up and got someone in to do the job properly. :okay::whistle:

Top Bottom