Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Last night in Whitby it has been fab.Another walk today,Whitby to Sandsend along the beach in to a very strong wind,Lunch our own food in the grounds of the Abbey.Finished off with a meal tonight at a lovely Italian place.To top iot off the weather has been superb,
No Gulls?

Even though i only work Monday-Wednesday i thought id treat myself to a day’s leave tomorrow.

As my good lady also has Wednesdays off i thought i might tempt her with lunch and cinema.

I’m not generally a cinema fan, but have been tempted by the “mahoosive comfy seats” available in the Showcase Cinema in Peterborough.

The last time we went to the cinema together was in 1991! :eek: It was Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe and i remember letting myself down badly by falling asleep and snoring rather loudly after the first 30 minutes. :blush:

I’m thinking we might watch the latest remake of ‘A Star is Born’ with Bradley Cooper and Lady Garrelous.

Has anyone seen it?

I expect its a bit of a Chick Flick so may turn out to be fairly mundane, although I’ll make a special effort to stay awake until the end. Who says the age of chivelry is dead?

gbb

Legendary Member
Today was a classic example of poor planning and preparation and doing stuff on a whim.
I was going to paint the downstairs loo, just freshen it up a bit. My wife suggested a new low level cistern, the old one is now circa 50 years old and looking grotty. So off I go to get a ceramic one.
Return, open it up to find the water inlet is only available on one side, the wrong side.
So I return to the shop and exchange it for the only viable alternative, a plastic one...meh., but so be it.
So I fitted it up and then realise I need to modify the feed, so back to the shops to get an alternative fitting....plus the old cistern had wall tiles fitted up to it and now the new cistern profile doesn't match, leaving some small gaps. Short of temporarily abandoning the job and rethinking it all, I pressed on and did what I could.
Now it's all in place and working....but I suspect I'll soon be taking it off and re tiling the wall.
Fitting a cistern, quite straightforward....its all the perifery I hadn't expected.

classic33

Leg End Member
Went and did a spot of yellow stickering in Tesco as the fridge was looking depressingly empty. Got what I needed (especially in terms of fruit & veg) although to be fair, my mind was elsewhere tonight.

The show drapes a friend has ordered off me are now finished and ready for Saturday.

I am now working on one of my own sewing projects.
Nearly got one of the yellow sticker machines.

I'm off to bed.

My head's been all over the place today after I received a package with some precious mementos and a lovely photo.

If any of you happen to find my head while it's wandering around, could they please return it to me.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Blood donation day for me

IMG_20181024_062144077.jpg

Top Bottom