Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ironing? What’s that?

/* Looks at wife inquiringly */

Nope, she doesn’t know either.

^_^
Requires either
images-3.jpg

or a
images-4.jpg

I'm getting quite good at folding the dry laundry on the table, with the fingers on my right hand and occasionally my teeth to hold the larger items still.
Nightwear and underwear are not as neat as I'd usually like.
Ironing pile is building up but we've not run out of anything important.
There are only a few things that I can wear that I can fit the sleave over the plastic cast on my left hand.
If you put what you can on to coat hangers it will reduce some of your ironing.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
If you put what you can on to coat hangers it will reduce some of your ironing.
I do that .
I have some flannelette pillow cases that have been in the dryer (need smooth pillow cases to sleep!) some work trousers that need the hems repairing with that iron on stuff(but as I'm off work it doesn't matter ) and 2 of Mr K's work tops.

I can load and unload the washing machine and tumble dryer one handed, I can put things on hangers one handed, but I can't pinch a clothes peg!

Had a lovely (if long) day at the Supreme. :smile:

Ended up stewarding in the semi-longhair section and handled some really lovely cats; Norwegian Forest, Siberian, Ragamuffin, Somali and Turkish Vans.

Have been up since 3am, and although I was feeling rather :tired: earlier, I'm now wide awake and in need of chocolate. :blush:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I haz a working bike with an engine again (Honda has been at the menders again for a few weeks, electrical gremlin- a different one from the one that plagued me for months- but hopefully fixed this week). Insurance money for the Yamaha came through last week, and when I'd paid the cheque (yes, a cheque, is it the 1990s?) in I'd popped in to the garage to see what news there was. And there, just in stock, was one of these....
View attachment 427948
2013 model, low mileage (6300- not as low as the YBR-2300- but not half bad), decent nick, decent price. So I've bought it. Looking forward to getting home in somewhat quicker time on Monday night. I've been cycling back, because Litespeed is faster door to door than the train thanks to awkward timetable- fifty minute wait for the next service- but it'll be good to go back to cycling for fun!
And a postscript....another cheque arrived in the post today (all these years without having to deal with one, then three in a matter of weeks). I had legal cover on the policy for the dead YBR- thankfully, as it turned out, it came in handy. I got full insured value for the bike (having gently made my case with the assessor), but minus my £500 excess. Then there was the cost of recovery, the Lidl special buy helmet I had to replace, and nine days of train tickets when I was sans 125. So I put in a claim via 'my' solicitor for those costs from the third party insurer. Taken a while (change of personnel at the solicitors, plus it took a while for the message to get through that I wasn't claiming for personal injury)....Never mind, paid it in full. Phew!

Last edited:
Top Bottom