Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So far this year my only crockery fatality has been one mug. If I keep it up till the end of the year, this might be a record.

classic33

Leg End Member
They're most likely testing the waters to see if their comments get deleted or not. If successful, they'll come back with the spammy links.

From the writing style I'll hazard a guess at it being one of the Indian or Bangladeshi based spammers, in which case they'll probably try to slip in links to sites selling "supplements".:whistle:
Russian or Rumanian, they've seen his pictures and would like to marry him. The only problem, money required for a visa to leave.

That or kitchens.

MikeG

Guru
So far this year my only crockery fatality has been one mug. If I keep it up till the end of the year, this might be a record.

Sorry. You're keeping all your crockery up? I suspect this may be where the problem lies. If you were to put the crockery down, there'd be much less chance of it breaking, I think. Just to illustrate this, consider how many times any of your crockery has thrown itself off a shelf or worktop when no-one is actually anywhere near it. I'd imagine that the number of times that happened is getting pretty close to nought. No, I'd certainly advocate reducing your crockery-keeping-up to as near zero as possible.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry. You're keeping all your crockery up? I suspect this may be where the problem lies. If you were to put the crockery down, there'd be much less chance of it breaking, I think. Just to illustrate this, consider how many times any of your crockery has thrown itself off a shelf or worktop when no-one is actually anywhere near it. I'd imagine that the number of times that happened is getting pretty close to nought. No, I'd certainly advocate reducing your crockery-keeping-up to as near zero as possible.
How often have they thrown themselves of the shelves when there's someone around.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That's all well and good (I learned semaphore from Swallows and Amazons), but if you think removing their phones from them would be easy I suggest you study the phrase used by gun nuts in the USA........something to do with "prising it from my cold dead hands", and apply that to hordes of ankle biters.
Now they all have the Spartan Kings' reply on their back window sticker. Come...Take.. or μολὼν λαβέ, said by Leonidas I to Xerxes at Thermopylae.
Don't even get me started. One could study some of the other laconic phrases, and get a better idea of the Spartan ideals.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5473600, member: 9609"]probably a bit more than mundane news, but has world war III broken out or something? been a phenomenal amount of low flying jets here for the past hour or so, some have been so low they have been rattling the windows - haven't seen this much activity from our war machine for years, maybe teresa's flexing her muscles for xmas.[/QUOTE]
Not all have pilots onboard.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5473600, member: 9609"]probably a bit more than mundane news, but has world war III broken out or something? been a phenomenal amount of low flying jets here for the past hour or so, some have been so low they have been rattling the windows - haven't seen this much activity from our war machine for years, maybe teresa's flexing her muscles for xmas.[/QUOTE]
Had a lot of activity at contrail height in the States as well, all moving west.

Top Bottom