Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I've been wondering why tracks 7 and 8 are invariably the best ones on albums from 1965 to (about) 2000. It's pretty odd really.

But how often have you bought an album for a track and then found another track that's brilliant?
But your not wrong

Once I had to do a presentation about Carpentry and I discovered that the trade of 'Cabinet maker' was first recognised as the Great Kahn charged into Europe. I was never able to work out why the Germans looked at the massed armies of the Kahn charging towards them and despoiling everything in their path, and decided the solution was making cupboards...
Perhaps they were looking at it as a new potential source of glue. :whistle:

Morning. I am contemplating which bin to put out tomorrow ! :ohmy:

MikeG

Guru
I was informed that an iron had died. So we bought a new one. It was only over 5 years later that I discovered that it was only the plug fuse that had blown.

I think I can top that. When we drove the length of Africa in the mid 90s, my brother drove an old Mark lla Landrover 110 (I had the sense to drive a Toyota). At one point, in Cameroon, I think, his starter motor failed, and so he spent the next couple of months laboriously (and dangerously.......it's a task easy to get very wrong and be very hurt) starting the engine with a starter handle. This entailed much swearing, lots of "oh come on you whimp, let me show you how it's done", and much sweating. With a crash gearbox it was very easy to stall the car in unexpected places which led to almighty amounts of angst and kicking the tyres in frustration.

Anyway, one day sitting in camp my cousin idly turned the key in the ignition, and lo and behold, the engine jumped into life!! My brother went on a short walk where I imagine he contemplated the meaning of life..........

MikeG

Guru
..........My solution would be to reintroduce Semaphore ! Children could go out into the playground and wave flags at one another and in doing so gain some valuable exercise. :whistle:

That's all well and good (I learned semaphore from Swallows and Amazons), but if you think removing their phones from them would be easy I suggest you study the phrase used by gun nuts in the USA........something to do with "prising it from my cold dead hands", and apply that to hordes of ankle biters.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
you might be right... got another today.

I don't know why they bother. There's no links being built and don't even come from a user account. Even if I did publish it, what's their benefit?
They're most likely testing the waters to see if their comments get deleted or not. If successful, they'll come back with the spammy links.

From the writing style I'll hazard a guess at it being one of the Indian or Bangladeshi based spammers, in which case they'll probably try to slip in links to sites selling "supplements".:whistle:

Top Bottom