Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
My bin was emptied most satisfactorily.

There was a minor crisis in the retrieval act however. I had reversed my car down the drive slightly further than normal. This necessitated the bin having to wait half way down the drive until I next took the car out, enabling my wife to then shimmy the bin through the resulting gap betwixt car and railing.

All is well now.

Nice to hear. I will not have any significant news until Thursday before Fridays collection.

Full of cold and want to sleep for a few days, no chance, work has to be done, it is the last week and so much to do.
I hope you feel better soon.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
If that isnt a phrase used to insult older people then it should be.
elder_futhark_by_herbivoreross-dbeopoo.jpg

I’m sure anyone using today’s technology will recognise at least one of the runes...

Which is on his desk, somewhere.

So first I need to find my desk...

I'm reading a book called The Village Carpenter at the moment (again). It's the memoirs of a Victorian carpenter, and it's fascinating. The difference between a carpenter and a joiner? Carpenters never used glue. Maybe the Germans had thought of some cunning adhesive-based defense against hordes of horsemen.

As with window sills, we have a different definition in Germany: a 'Tischler' or in south Germany 'Schreiner' is qualified to make everything from chairs to windows, and these days interior walls. A 'Zimmerman' makes everything else: lead bearing walls, frames, and especially roofs. House roofs in Germany weigh as much as the house they are covering. In our last apartment the ridge beam was a tree trunk. I have a couple of friends who are "Zimmerer": They're crazy people who love designing and building roofs high up in all weathers and can do complicated maths in their heads. But they get to wear a cool uniform.

tyred

Legendary Member
My iron has passed away quietly in it's sleep. RIP.

Top Bottom