Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
bin day's Friday silly.
Last bin(bag) day until next year was today.

classic33

Leg End Member
Andy, Andy, Andy.......

The Maasai own all the cattle in the world. When they raid their neighbours, they aren't stealing cows, they are simply returning them to their rightful owners. As with the Maasai and cattle, the same with me and marzipan. I'd rather you came to this understanding the easy way.
Can missen and Matilda watch the fancy footwork of the hard way?

classic33

Leg End Member
We'd get into trouble if we put cardboard and plastic into the same bin.
Plastic goes into the brown bin with the tins and glass.
Plastic into the sack, cardboard the green bag, tins the dark grey tub with glass going into the brown tub(Medium) with the lid.

Edited to add
Paper in to the blue bag. Mix card and paper, they'll leave it behind.

Last edited:
Well it is nice and sunny here and it was so inviting that I went out for a ride. I haven't been out for a while so I had to stop and admire the view a couple of times. :whistle: Whilst I was getting my breath back , I mean admiring the view I spotted a Lapwing ! You dont see them that often around here.
The road I normally use had a small stream running down either side of it from all of the rain we have had over the past few days. It looked quite pretty in the sunlight with the blue sky being reflected off it's surface.
I continued my ride into the Cotswolds / Biddestone turned round and then cycled back. I now have to wash my bike off as it's a bit dirty.

Slioch

Guru
Just had new dishwasher fitted to replace the broken one - just in time for Xmas. Yaay! :biggrin: (Guess who is the chief dishwasher in our house):thumbsup:.

Reasonably decent day here, so off out on bike now for a couple of hours.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Oh, one more thing. If I hear "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" by Mel and Kim one more time this year, the radio is going to get a serious thrashing. :crazy:
Good thing the chorus jumps in now and again, so we can hear somebody sing on key.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4NQkUN3AI

Brenda Lee not a great deal better, but I think the range is a bit of stretch, so we can all blame Johnny Marks, I suppose.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Argh, of the 'other' three I'm going out with, the 'line' manager of the three has asked his boss what time they can go, and he's sticking to the letter of 3pm. Pah, I'll have to wait for them. Said line manager is leaving his team on Friday, so why should he care. They've all worked their lunch, and are only letting them have an extra 45 minutes for their Christmas lunch.

I can't even pull rank as they don't work for me.

On my meal with my 'finance' colleagues, we booked half a day off so no-one could comment. Got quite sozzled before out 2:30 lunch.

The handy thing I have, is my line managers are in a completely different building, and I'm usually in work over an hour longer than I need to be Monday to Weds, so I'll take a little back 'occasionally'.

I have told then it's a good walk and we need to allow plenty of time for our trek !

Top Bottom