Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Plans for a ride this morning were binned when I realised just how windy it is out there.
25-30mph with gusts of over 40mph? I'll wait until tomorrow thanks.

Did some volunteering for Cats Protection this morning. Got to cuddle a tortie mum and her two tortie kittens. :wub:

Have just consumed a very fine lunch of tomato, chilli and bacon soup, a prawn, avocado and salad wrap, plus some fresh fruit (fig, cherries, blueberries) and two :cuppa:

Got a few chores to square away, and then I'm going to chill for the rest of the day. Supper is of the "wang it in the oven" variety.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just think of the tailwinds you missed.

Now come on; we all know tailwinds are a myth, like the Loch Ness Monster, cycle lanes that go where you need them to, and drones over Gatwick.

He'll never know now, or be able to disprove it..

It's all a massive conspiracy and you know it...

I've fallen for the tailwind fallacy before - slogged 20 miles with the wind very firmly right in my face, turned round expecting to set a new record on the journey home and found the wind was amazingly right back in my face...:rolleyes:

Besides, I didn't want to get locked up for 36 hours for illegal use of a tailwind, even though no-one had actually seen one...:whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Gazing up at the possible source of my demise this afternoon, I got seriously worried about " death by coconut ".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_coconut

Top Bottom