Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Elder Son wants me to go and look at a possible new mountain bike this morning.

It's a tough life.

Lullabelle

Banana
On our way to Sainsburys this morning the police were hanging around a car waiting for the tow truck, there was a lot of sand on the road to soak up the petrol. Thing is the traffic goes 1 way but the car was facing the opposite way, bonnet first into a lamppost, looking at the mess he/she would be lucky to get out in 1 piece, must have been travelling at 1 hell of a speed

Cold and dreary here today.

I have potato and leek soup simmering away in the crock pot. There is a bacon joint in there to help it along a wee bit as well. Looking forward to a nice big bowl of soup for supper tonight. And will do pulled ham hock in parsley sauce later in the week. :hungry:

Aside from the soup, tonight's supper will be centered around the last of the Christmas tapas platters; cured meats, cheese, stuffed vine leaves and olives. :smile: And I still have a few of those chocolate things with the density of plutonium. :blush:

Am sat here by the fire, snuggled in a fleece throw and watching the snooker.

Levo-Lon

Guru
On our way to Sainsburys this morning the police were hanging around a car waiting for the tow truck, there was a lot of sand on the road to soak up the petrol. Thing is the traffic goes 1 way but the car was facing the opposite way, bonnet first into a lamppost, looking at the mess he/she would be lucky to get out in 1 piece, must have been travelling at 1 hell of a speed

I'd think the police were chasing it....

Levo-Lon

Guru
Cold and dreary here today.

I have potato and leek soup simmering away in the crock pot. There is a bacon joint in there to help it along a wee bit as well. Looking forward to a nice big bowl of soup for supper tonight. And will do pulled ham hock in parsley sauce later in the week. :hungry:

Aside from the soup, tonight's supper will be centered around the last of the Christmas tapas platters; cured meats, cheese, stuffed vine leaves and olives. :smile: And I still have a few of those chocolate things with the density of plutonium. :blush:

Am sat here by the fire, snuggled in a fleece throw and watching the snooker.

Yummy..ive got jacket cold meat and some salad...i know :sad:

Good news!! I live to eat another day ^_^

I have the same attitude to food. My work canteen sells short life stuff. I get loads of it. Bread, 10p a loaf, big pork pie, 50p, and a cheesecake 20p

Result! :highfive:

And that's definitely not to be sniffed at. :biggrin: A good markdown is a good markdown. :thumbsup:

First cakes made since the accident. A cherry madeira for Mr K's birthday and a ginger and walnut carrot cake for the friend who fixed up my bike. Thumb is a bit sore from holding the ingredients that needed chopping.

Oooo, nice :hungry:

I have a Kenwood mini chopper thing. I only use it for things like chopping nuts or blitzing mixed peel to a paste. Does take the pain and tedium out of such tasks.

Top Bottom