Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's not so nice with milk and it curdled if added to a citrus mix, it's far more flavoured than a green which is basically coloured water with no taste unless it got a additional flavoured mix.

My phone is driving me mad ,changing lettwle..see wtf letters
Green Tea takes far longer to brew than Indian (black) tea, I normally leave the bag in.

My tips for buying Green Tea bags, avoid Twinings it's over priced carp, the best I've ever bought is from a Chinese wholesalers and that's about a quid for 20 however the 'Pure Green Tea' from Aldi is about 70p for 40 and is just as nice.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Good news! My eBay item arrived!

You should never fry in Sesame Oil, it's a flavouring that is added at the end of cooking. The Oil with the highest 'burn point' is Groundnut Oil but of course you need to know if anyone has a Peanut allergy, not a nut allergy though, Peanuts are actually a Legume but Sesame Oil can also cause problems.

I know that :angel:

I "splash" my stir fries with sesame oil and soy once they're done. :biggrin:

Wholewheat noodles mixed with sweetcorn kernels, shredded red pepper, cucumber and carrot and dressed with sesame oil, soy and sweet chilli sauce makes for a nice snackette. :hungry: A few prawns dropped in there doesn't go amiss either...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I know that :angel:

I "splash" my stir fries with sesame oil and soy once they're done. :biggrin:

Wholewheat noodles mixed with sweetcorn kernels, shredded red pepper, cucumber and carrot and dressed with sesame oil, soy and sweet chilli sauce makes for a nice snackette. :hungry: A few prawns dropped in there doesn't go amiss either...
There are 3 essential ingredients in a Stirfry, Ginger (fresh), Garlic and Spring Onions. It doesn't really matter what veg/meat you use as long as you add the 'holy trinity' it'll taste like a Chinese.

BTW this advice was given to me by my Chinese mate. Well he's half Chinese, born in Venezuela, his Mother was half North American Indian and half Native Venezuelan whilst his Father owned a Chinese Restaurant, he's in his 70s now but spent years as a world travelling hippie before settling in England in the late 70s where he worked as an 'Artists Model' at Leicester Polytechnic/De-Montfort University.

I went out and celebrated my scores on the Dawes ! :whistle: I cycled over to Lacock and back. It was sunny but cold to start off with, but I soon warmed up once I got going..
I spotted a Buzzard sat on a fence on the way back . I stopped to say hello but it didn't think much of my conversation and flew off ! :ohmy:

Slioch

Guru
Soup making thingys...

1. Large saucepan with a lid (that old one you've got stuffed away in the back of a cupboard that your Aunt bought you for your wedding will do fine).
2. A proper blending thingy with a lid (Curry's do a basic one for thirteen squids).

DO NOT USE A HAND HELD ELECTRIC WHISKER FOR BLENDING SOUP (Don't ask how I know this.........:blush:).

Top Bottom