Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Time to ditch work early - catch the best of the snow. I'm off out on the MTB with Ice Spikers.

I may be some time ! :hello::bicycle:

The snow capped hills of Blacklands Hollow and Cherhill in the background. Taken today whilst admiring the view . :whistle:
PICT0463.JPG

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That ride was rather filthy. Slushy, and not much snow, but it's starting to freeze.

A bit of information about my previous picture. On the top of the left hand hill you might be able to see Cherhill Monument which was designed by Charles Barry the same chap that designed the Palace of Westminster ( House of Parliament ). I haven't a clue why it was built though!

Neither do I: it seems a rather pointless waste of time. Do you know why the Cherhill Monument was built?

classic33

Leg End Member
A bit of information about my previous picture. On the top of the left hand hill you might be able to see Cherhill Monument which was designed by Charles Barry the same chap that designed the Palace of Westminster ( House of Parliament ). I haven't a clue why it was built though!
"Erected in 1845 by the 3rd Marquis of Lansdowne to the designs of Sir Charles Barry to commemorate his ancestor, Sir William Petty."

Top Bottom